Looking for scope advice?

I have Browning x-bolt in 6.5 CM that I currently have set up with a Vortex Diamondback 4 12 x 40mm. Its adequate but I'd like to upgrade my glass. This rifle would be primarily for western hunts. I live on the east coast and don't have access to any ranges that are greater than 200 yards. I don't plan on any long range steel target shooting. I just need a good hunting setup and would probably never shoot at distances greater than 400 yards. My budget is $1000 or less. Tell me what I should get and why.

Thanks!

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
If you can't shoot at a range beyond 200 yards you really shouldn't be shooting at animals beyond that. You cannot depend on a bdc reticle or dialing to know that is exactly where your bullet will hit unless you verify beforehand. With that being said most scopes are plenty capable at 200 yards, but the problem with a second focal plane bdc scope is you'll probably have to be a max magnification to use the hash marks and at 200 yards on an animal that can be really jumpy and bouncy. You may look into a first focal plane scope if you don't want to have to be at max magnification to use hash marks. I have a Bushnell lrhs2 that fits in your budget and is a huge step up from my previous vortex viper.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have Browning x-bolt in 6.5 CM that I currently have set up with a Vortex Diamondback 4 12 x 40mm. Its adequate but I'd like to upgrade my glass. This rifle would be primarily for western hunts. I live on the east coast and don't have access to any ranges that are greater than 200 yards. I don't plan on any long range steel target shooting. I just need a good hunting setup and would probably never shoot at distances greater than 400 yards. My budget is $1000 or less. Tell me what I should get and why.

Thanks!
I have been messing with the Burris RT 25 a lot and it is well worth the $800 price tag they have on them! It is first focal plane and mil (which I prefer) but there could be some arguments against the FFP. It is more of a tactical-based scope but will make a great little hunting scope for the money!

If you could spare another $200 a Nightforce SHV is another great option! And they are second focal plane if you end up preferring that!