Looking for recommendation as to very good guided goat hunt.

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
I am debating on my next hunt, mountain goat, moose or big horn sheep??? I know life is rough. I would like a real world summary of what you liked and did not like about those hunts. I am 57 and in very good shape for my age. 6 feet tall and 165-170. So I could do most any goat hunt, but the late season seems to appeal to me.

If you are a goat nut and have suggestions for any goat hunt. Please feel me in and give me something to consider. Thanks.

OP
W

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
Okay, I am bumping this and asking for recommendations as to a great guided goat hunt you have been on anywhere. Thx.

Decker9

WKR
I never been on a guided hunt, but have guided a couple. Do you have any preference to where you’d like to hunt goats? If in BC, there are some great late season options. Also so e great combo goat/moose options.

Bolen Lewis and Babine guide outfitters are a couple reputable outfitters. Another named Silent mountain outfitters I follow on IG, they take some big late season goats and have a good reputation.

“sheep hunting is for retired goat hunters”

I say get after them goats!!

Good luck!

JAM7

FNG
Following. I have no lived experience to share, but am in a similar boat as you, have been researching potential guided mountain goat hunks in BC or AK.

From what I’ve read, the biggest Billy’s are in BC, with Bob Milligan and Bolen Lewis being some of the best.

One thing I’ve noticed is there seems to be a significant price difference in price points for guided mountain goat hunts, with some around $10k and others $20k+. I speculate the price difference is driven by quality of the hunt and likelihood of success, with many of the cheaper options resulting in hunters going home with a nannie or empty handed. While the more expensive outfitters advertise a very high success rate on 10”+ Billy’s. If anyone here has actually done an outfitted mountain goat hunt, I’d appreciate perspective on what drives the price difference.

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
I second Big Ern. I can't imagine a better outfit than Ed Toribio's Primo Expedition.
Top notch logistics with big billies just spitting distance from BC in Misty Fijord National Monument. Not sure what the price structure is these days, but trust me, you'll quickly see the value.

hoff1ck

WKR
Following. I have no lived experience to share, but am in a similar boat as you, have been researching potential guided mountain goat hunks in BC or AK.

From what I’ve read, the biggest Billy’s are in BC, with Bob Milligan and Bolen Lewis being some of the best.

One thing I’ve noticed is there seems to be a significant price difference in price points for guided mountain goat hunts, with some around $10k and others $20k+. I speculate the price difference is driven by quality of the hunt and likelihood of success, with many of the cheaper options resulting in hunters going home with a nannie or empty handed. While the more expensive outfitters advertise a very high success rate on 10”+ Billy’s. If anyone here has actually done an outfitted mountain goat hunt, I’d appreciate perspective on what drives the price difference.
I’ve been looking into potential goat hunts for 26/27 over the past few weeks in both Alaska and BC. I think you’ll be hard pressed to find many booking for the next couple years for less than 14k from what I’ve found. Plenty in the 20k plus range. As with anything, prices continue to go up.