Looking for Experienced KUIU Wearers

Hunting Gear Deals

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Rokslide,

I'm looking for some KUIU experts. Hunters that are currently hunting in KUIU clothing and packs that would be interested in sharing their experience with others. Whether chasing whitetail in the east or elk in the west, I'd like to talk.

If you can put your experience with KUIU gear and expertise into words, send me an email or DM. DM's will be slower!

Email: [email protected]

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Im gonna respond here so others can read.

Ultra Merino 120 long sleeve - Definitely not my favorite wool. Felt on the scratchy side to me and was really torn up by the end of a season. Pros was it was very lightweight and dried quickly.

Peloton 200 - Ive used this for probably 6 years now. Great mid layer in my opinion. Good warmth to weight ratio and does very well when layering. Doesn't block the wind but is dead quiet for bowhunting. Also dries very quickly

Rubicon soft-shell - I know most people on here hate on soft shells but where I hunt around where I live everything wants to tear your clothes up. I think of this jacket as my armor as I've pushed through terrible brush and after 5 years the jacket still has no problems. Does a good job blocking wind and lite rain. Doesn't pack the best but is on the lighter side for a soft-shell. Adds about as much warmth as a mid weight hoody but way better at blocking wind.

Chugach Rain gear - There has been some updates to this since I bought it but am still running the older models. Has always kept me dry and haven't had any issues with durability. Not the quietest but it packs well and is a good weight in my opinion. I would recommend for someone that needs rain gear for backpack hunting.

Icon pro pack - I had the icon pro frame with a 5200, 3200, and 1800 bag. I wound up never using the 1800 and 3200 bag as the 5200 when not fully loaded cinches down to about the same size and works fine for a day pack. I really liked the organization of the 5200 and thought it had the right amount of pockets in the right places. The bag lasted 5 years but this season I finally killed it. It has a few small holes and three of the zippers on different pockets have broken and don't work anymore. The frame was very comfortable when I didn't have much in my pack as it is very lightweight but when hauling heavy loads found it to be pretty uncomfortable compared to other packs I've tried. It would ride down on my hips pretty bad causing the lumbar support to be pushing on me lower than it should. A side note on the frame is that this year I actually broke one of the upper stays on the carbon fiber frame. I take responsibility for this as it was probably the heaviest I've ever loaded a pack and I took a fall which did it in. That being said Kuiu customer service was awesome and warranted the carbon fiber frame and sent me a new one free of charge within a few days of me emailing them about it.