Looking for advice for Winter boot, please read entire thread

I've been extremely happy with Korkers snowmegadon and polar vortex. Snowmegadon is my daily wear( live in alaska) and the poor vortex is my ice fishing boot. They're big but not overly clunky. Super easy to loosing up or tighten as needed. They have just been an all around great boot.

I have never found hoffman packs to be sloppy. I wear the in corks as well as airbobs. Corks are perferred in the really rough verticle terrain but not good in wet snow because of packing. I use the airbobs all winter. Today was plowing my driveway with my D-7. They give me stable surface and are rarely too hot. I even wear them to town.

Shraggs

WKR
Could your feet be extra sweaty?

Good pacs can be very warm, and with moderate activity generate more sweat eventually wetting out insulation. Tried changing into fresh socks? Or try the bread bag over sock see if makes a difference?

Pacs are warm but subject to sweat. I’d look hard at the Hoffman or the cabelas trans Alaskan, the later vents better than most.

Maybe you should consider looking at the white surplus “moon” boots. Very warm and if you sweat they are a vapor barrier and no heat leaves even tho your feet will be wet, but usually not cold. If you go that route, whites size down 1.5 from your size.

In any of my pac type boots if I’m active I wear cotton, yes, to absorb my sweat and change into wool socks when stopped and cooled down. That works very well for me.