Looking for a reccomendation...kuiu mountain star 2p

thp277

FNG
So im having a tough time not picking up the mountain star 2p while its still on sale.
I currently use a six moon designs lunar solo. Its been out west twice and i used it in march on the AT. It rained to beat hell and the condensation just splattered on my face all night.

I also use the six moon lunar duo if one of my kids come along.

Is it much of an upgrade to grab the kuiu or should be happy with what I got??

Weight isnt an issue with either of these tents.
Thanks for any help or advice

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
So im having a tough time not picking up the mountain star 2p while its still on sale.
I currently use a six moon designs lunar solo. Its been out west twice and i used it in march on the AT. It rained to beat hell and the condensation just splattered on my face all night.

I reviewed the old version a couple of years back. I have since upgraded to the current model and still really like it.

I bought one right before it went on sale (seems to happen every time I get something from KUIU). But I am happy with the overall quality. It is a little tight for 2 people but it is certainly manageable. I spent 4 nights out in it, it stormed 3 of those and I had zero issues. Packed up easily as well. The sale might be over I’m not sure, but if you decided to get one later I think you will be happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

thp277

FNG
I bought one right before it went on sale (seems to happen every time I get something from KUIU). But I am happy with the overall quality. It is a little tight for 2 people but it is certainly manageable. I spent 4 nights out in it, it stormed 3 of those and I had zero issues. Packed up easily as well. The sale might be over I’m not sure, but if you decided to get one later I think you will be happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good deal! Thanks for the input. Figured it would be tight with 2 , but hey, its just one of my kids. They can sleep by themselves if they choose but i doubt they will in bear country! Lol

I think the sale ends today or this weekend. Definitely gonna grab one.

TURNER208

FNG
Does the mountain star seem short when you are sitting up on your pad in it? It’s listed height is quite a big less than like a slingfin portal or other similar tents. Just curious on real experience with it

It doesn’t seem short at all once you’re there. It is a pretty roomy tent and the double vestibules hold way more gear than you can carry. I’m 6’2 and sitting up was not an issue