Looking For A New Pack? Definitely Consider The AKEK CLIMAX !!

nobody

WKR
Roksliders, we spent some time in the AKEK booth at the hunt expo last week. These guys really do care what we think of their product. I showed up with a Stone Glacier hat and rather than them giving me crap, they asked what I liked about the Stone Glacier packs. When I told them I had just tried a few and it was my favorite, they were immediately complementary to the entire pack market and we spent some time talking about how they were trying to differentiate themselves. I’m not ready to sell my SG, but my dad and Cousin in law are both very intrigued and highly considering picking up an AKEK

These guys care and really do want to offer something to the industry, everyone give them a look!

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Roksliders, we spent some time in the AKEK booth at the hunt expo last week. These guys really do care what we think of their product. I showed up with a Stone Glacier hat and rather than them giving me crap, they asked what I liked about the Stone Glacier packs. When I told them I had just tried a few and it was my favorite, they were immediately complementary to the entire pack market and we spent some time talking about how they were trying to differentiate themselves. I’m not ready to sell my SG, but my dad and Cousin in law are both very intrigued and highly considering picking up an AKEK

These guys care and really do want to offer something to the industry, everyone give them a look!

Thanks for the love guys!! Yes we absolutely do care and the only reason we have come SO far is from listening to feedback from guys on here! The huntexpo was a big success this year for us and we had many chose our pack after looking at the competition. It's truly humbling!

Thanks for the love guys!! Yes we absolutely do care and the only reason we have come SO far is from listening to feedback from guys on here! The huntexpo was a big success this year for us and we had many chose our pack after looking at the competition. It's truly humbling!
That’s awesome, I’m rooting for you guys!

One question… where do you go from the “climax”?

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s awesome, I’m rooting for you guys!

One question… where do you go from the “climax”?

Thanks for the support! We have big plans for the future and are already growing fast! Our next pack will be a smaller pack in the 2000ci range and a bino harness.

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the support! We have big plans for the future and are already growing fast! Our next pack will be a smaller pack in the 2000ci range and a bino harness.

One thing to consider for the 2000ci version. Many whitetail hunter like to attach their stand and sticks to the pack. Compression straps, true straps that go from side to side are extremely nice for doing that.

Trapyotes

FNG
Just got mine also, thanks AKEK. First impression emulates quality and great design. I will soon be doing a trip with it in the beginning of March. That will be phase one of the review, the pack will be loaded.

colby12

WKR

Attachments

• 22C4257A-E6CC-4F71-AE5F-46DDCC7ED9AE.jpeg
    22C4257A-E6CC-4F71-AE5F-46DDCC7ED9AE.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 2532E719-B9BE-435B-8965-4D6094DD5766.jpeg
    2532E719-B9BE-435B-8965-4D6094DD5766.jpeg
    546.8 KB · Views: 88
  • F8298F6E-560A-4867-9914-CB6B51E3AF29.jpeg
    F8298F6E-560A-4867-9914-CB6B51E3AF29.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 519CBDDB-B6C3-4BFB-B9CB-1F525ACA51CC.jpeg
    519CBDDB-B6C3-4BFB-B9CB-1F525ACA51CC.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 88

Loo.wii

WKR
Akek Climax preliminary review. I got my climax in today ! I ripped it out of the packaging and promptly loaded it up. The packaging itself was nothing to get excited over. my only complaint was that it didn't come with a handbook. or i just couldn't find it.
This is my first dedicated hunting pack my previous pack was an amazon branded hiking bag that's been around the world with me so take my opinion however you like. I am super excited about the bag, everything about it feels high quality. This bag came with a handful of detachable internal and external pouches and a rain cover which I appreciate, im planning on using these for toiletries, kill kits or things like that . My favorite feature is the accessibility of the large portion of the pack. what caught me off guard were the non standard buckles that were present across the back side of the bag. I also love the detachable bag feature.

I loaded it up with about 30 pounds of gear and took it on a short 4 miler on flat ground. The bag performed well. It was very comfortable I really have no complaints. This weekend ill take it out scouting in the George washington national forest and I'll return with more critiques.

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Akek Climax preliminary review. I got my climax in today ! I ripped it out of the packaging and promptly loaded it up. The packaging itself was nothing to get excited over. my only complaint was that it didn't come with a handbook. or i just couldn't find it.
This is my first dedicated hunting pack my previous pack was an amazon branded hiking bag that's been around the world with me so take my opinion however you like. I am super excited about the bag, everything about it feels high quality. This bag came with a handful of detachable internal and external pouches and a rain cover which I appreciate, im planning on using these for toiletries, kill kits or things like that . My favorite feature is the accessibility of the large portion of the pack. what caught me off guard were the non standard buckles that were present across the back side of the bag. I also love the detachable bag feature.

I loaded it up with about 30 pounds of gear and took it on a short 4 miler on flat ground. The bag performed well. It was very comfortable I really have no complaints. This weekend ill take it out scouting in the George washington national forest and I'll return with more critiques.

Thanks for the update and feedback! As always... if you find anything we need to improve on just let us know. We are working hard to make our packs better and better with every release!

Loo.wii

WKR
Thanks for the update and feedback! As always... if you find anything we need to improve on just let us know. We are working hard to make our packs better and better with every release!
The only suggestion I could make is posting videos on how to configure the pack

colby12

WKR
Rather than starting a new thread I will put the review for the bag that was given to me here. I had planned on using it for a backpack spring bear hunt but work has changed that plan. I have taken it on a few hikes with weight( flat ground with side hills where I could make them but I live in the flat part of Oklahoma).

I am just some random dude on the internet but I have had quite a few different backpacks over the years and currently use a Stone Glacier either 5900 or 6900 depending on what I am doing. Spears, questions, or things that you'd like me to try out are all welcome.

Initial thoughts of the bag was it is a bit overwhelming. There are a lot of features and accessories that took some time to accept. The straps on the bag are not traditional buckles but a quick release similar to KUIU. The bag does look better in person than it does in pictures. I don't like the place where Climax is printed on the side. After getting all the straps figured out, they are pretty handy in the sense that you can move them around on the bag or in the bag to secure loads as needed. It does come with a few lightweight stash pockets, a cordura one, hip pockets, and a rain fly which is nice if you're looking for one purchase to cover all your needs. If you use a water bladder that pocket is waterproof and separate so when it pops it doesn't soak everything else. QR rifle sling is nice but a little bulkier than I would like. The chest strap doesn't have as wide of a range of adjustment as I would like(up and down) so I had to unhook it and reattach lower for it to fit well. The shoulder straps adjust but if you're in between two settings it may require some extra work. The lumbar pad, as it comes, was way too big but a quick removal of the extra foam solved that. The load shelf is easy to access and the pack is simple to get on and off the frame.

Support from their website is lacking, videos are there but not many and the whole backpack is went through in one long video and in a studio. I'd like to see some field use videos added. That being said they are extremely responsive and helpful when contacted and are active on this site.

Overall, I am happy with the bag, the way it carries weight, and its overall setup. Will I be permanently switching from Stone Glacier, I doubt it, but I would not turn anyone away from this bag over my personal preference. It is comfortable, on a solid frame, and a well built bag. I will continue to use this bag for training hikes, and hunts in order to be able to provide any amplifying information. Again, if you have questions, tests, or anything else you'd like to see for this pack let me know. I appreciate the giveaway from AKEK, the progress they have made as a company, and what they are trying to do with manufacturing.

Hey Roksliders,

It's been a long journey but an awesome one! Thanks to feedback from many of you and other testers we have been working with.

We are exciting to announce the AKEK CLIMAX 5400 Pack. We truly believe this pack will make a big rumble in the industry (hopefully in a good way)!

This pack is in stock and ready to order now but we are looking for a few Roksliders to run it through the paces and determine if anything needs to be adjusted in the next production batch.

Simply make a comment to enter the giveaway. We will announce the winners on Monday!

Here is a link to the details and specs on our website: https://akek.com/product/climax-5400-pack/

And here is a short video for those of you who want a quick preview:

Happy to answer any questions if you have any.

Brandon
For me it's an instant no with only one belt size offered. Fitting and fitting correctly are two very different things!!

OP
AKEK

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
For me it's an instant no with only one belt size offered. Fitting and fitting correctly are two very different things!!
Not sure if you watched the video or not but the belt size adjusts behind the lumbar pad. This brings the padding out so you can fit it how you like. None of the other hunting packs do this that I'm aware of.