Looking for a new bullet

hunterjmj

WKR
Been shooting the Berger 215 gr hybrid out of my 300wm for about 6 years now and I'm down to my last 100 with no positive outlook on getting them again.
So, I'm on the search for a new bullet. I've looked at the Hammer Hunter in 196gr and the LRX in 200 gr.
I'd like to stick with H1000 since I have a bunch. Frustrating times but I need to come up with a new combo that works for deer/elk.
What are you guys doing?

I've been reading a lot on the hammers and they are available so I might give those a try.
I kick myself for not loading up on 215's when I could get them whenever.

200.20x has been doing well for me. I load the 208 eldm for a buddy and his gun really likes them. 210 VLD does well in my dads gun.

Haven’t used the Berger 205’s but I’ve seen those available a lot lately.

200.20x has been doing well for me. I load the 208 eldm for a buddy and his gun really likes them. 210 VLD does well in my dads gun.

Haven’t used the Berger 205’s but I’ve seen those available a lot lately.
Maybe I'll look and see what's available in the Berger lineup. I just don't want to develop a load then have issues getting bullets again.
That's a nice antelope by the way. What are you shooting in that photo?

Maybe I'll look and see what's available in the Berger lineup. I just don't want to develop a load then have issues getting bullets again.
That's a nice antelope by the way. What are you shooting in that photo?
It’s a knight ultra lite and I really like it. That was a fun hunt. Thanks

PM sent

I’d give hammers a shot. I recently got some and have had really good results. Give those guys a call and they will set you up with a good loading starting point.

I ordered some eldx 212's that I'll try. I may try out the hammers but dam they are spendy. The 196gr HH are $68 for 50.
I'll give the eldx a try and see how they work out. I'm pretty sure I have a hornady manual somewhere I'll dig out. Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:
I've been told the Berger 200.20X is basically a lighter and slightly shorter version of their 215 and those 200.20X are pretty readily available in 100cnt and 500cnt boxes so if they perform similarly on game they would be a good option.

I've been told the Berger 200.20X is basically a lighter and slightly shorter version of their 215 and those 200.20X are pretty readily available in 100cnt and 500cnt boxes so if they perform similarly on game they would be a good option.
I ended up getting 3 boxes of 212 gr ELDx and 2 boxes of Berger 200.20X. When the 215's come available I'll be buying in bulk. This should get by for a bit. Now, I have to find primers.

Last edited:
Back