Looking for a great muzzle loader. Found custom one. What do you think

tpiton

FNG
Hi peopple, this is my firts post here. I've read many hours but I still need to post a question. I am a owner of a CVA wolf wich was a great cheap gun to introduce me to the muzzle loader world. I live in Canada and my main hunt is moose. So i was looking to upgrade my wolf. Checking the CVA paramount pro ( i need .50 to be legal here). Then reading a lot off stuff here about Arrowhead and other custom muzzleloader. I foud this dealer in canada and the specs looks good. Wondering if you experts beleive it's better thna the CVA paramount pro: thank you
==========================================================================================================

Custom Built Complete Rifle, Includes the below items assembled and ready to shoot!

• Remington 700 Short Action w/ Remington Factory Trigger
  • IBI 416 Stainless Steel Smokeless Barrel, Remington Light Varmint profile, 26", 1:15 twist rate, 7R, 50 caliber
  • Tundra Strike Chassis (Colour: Stealth Shadow Vortex)
  • Comes with 20, unprimed, Arrowhead Gen2 LRMP Modules for use with large rifle primers
  • Arrowhead Rifles 3-piece Ramrod w/ Sheath & Bore Guide
  • Arrowhead Rifles Spin Jag
With the evolution of firearms, some things are built out of necessity and this is no different in the muzzleloader world. The Massive locking lugs on the front of the bolt makes the 700 Remington rifle action the perfect choice for a muzzleloader.

The smokeless muzzleloader design is not new but we have perfected it in this custom build configuration to provide better performance and accuracy to make ethical shots out past 300 yards.

With the unique ignition system designed by Arrowhead Rifles along with the use of smokeless propellants, this muzzleloader is one of minimal maintenance and pure performance.

This configuration features a full free floating barrel and thus the ramrod is not attached to the firearm to compromise accuracy. This rifle is designed to operate within the published smokeless muzzleloader load data for the Savage 10ML smokeless muzzleloader.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
1-15 twist 50cal.....no thanks....sounds like a headache. 50cal is just fine with a 1-28 to a 1-24 twist. There is no benefit to going faster.

shelskov

FNG
That gun was built for smokless muzzleloading, hence the fast twist.

Depending what you are doing with it that could be what you want. If hunting in certain places, smokeless may not be allowed so, like @GMB54-120 said, with blackpowder or BP substitutes, what's the point of that fast twist? if you can hunt with smokless then you velocities will be higher and the faster twist will stablize the bullet.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
That gun was built for smokless muzzleloading, hence the fast twist.

Depending what you are doing with it that could be what you want. If hunting in certain places, smokeless may not be allowed so, like @GMB54-120 said, with blackpowder or BP substitutes, what's the point of that fast twist? if you can hunt with smokless then you velocities will be higher and the faster twist will stablize the bullet.
That is not correct either, The old Savage MLII was a 1-24 twist and made for smokeless loads. It will handle a 400gr no problem at all at 2200fps. I cant think of a bullet long enough that would fit in a sabot that would require faster than a 1-20 twist. Probably not even a 1-22 twist.

All a 1-15 is gunna do is create more stress on the sabot than is needed. My Ultra Light Arms 50cal smokeless is a 1-32 and shoots a 275gr Parker BE at over 2400fps. Does its very accurately too.