Looking at new sight

Pwells10

WKR
Ive got a diamond deploy. Ive hunted the last two seasons with the original sight that came on it. Worked well, just looking to upgrade.

Wondering what you all use? As well as any insight?

Not looking at single pins. Looking more towards 5 pin

Thanks in advance

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would say it depends on your hunting style. If you are treestand hunting then look at a more traditional 4-5 pin cbe for example. I went with a g5 hybrid 3 fixed one floater for shooting longer range if necessary. The less pins, the less confusion in the heat of the moment. Look at several from an archery shop and find one that looks good to you and buy it.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I would say it depends on your hunting style. If you are treestand hunting then look at a more traditional 4-5 pin cbe for example. I went with a g5 hybrid 3 fixed one floater for shooting longer range if necessary. The less pins, the less confusion in the heat of the moment. Look at several from an archery shop and find one that looks good to you and buy it.

I hit the tree stand mid day when the bulls pull away for water. So i guess I do both really. I'll take your advice and just go look through some. Thanks!

Elkeatr

FNG
Ive got a diamond deploy. Ive hunted the last two seasons with the original sight that came on it. Worked well, just looking to upgrade.

Wondering what you all use? As well as any insight?

Not looking at single pins. Looking more towards 5 pin

Thanks in advance
I’ve used a spot Hogg hunter for years but switched to a 4 pin adjustable black gold ascent. I believe they come in 5 pin as well. I really like both of them. Spot Hogg’s are bombproof but haven’t had any issues with the lighter black gold

Zac

WKR
If you go with a 5 pin just make sure you get micro adjustable pins, the Trophy Ridge Pro React looks pretty cool, super fast to sight in.

Long time Tommy Hogg user I had a couple fast Eddies but sold and kept the Tommy it’s built like a tank, I did just pick up my first Black Gold and I’m super impressed with it, HHA are very nice as well I have the kingpin TE, I think the tetra and regular kingpin are top contenders also, there’s so many good manufacturers it’s hard to go wrong and all those companies make a fine sight

Ben A

FNG
I love my Black Gold 3 pin movable. I can practice out at 70-80 yards using the bottom pin and then set it to 40 yards in the tree and have the other two ar 20 and 30. Extremely versatile.

I have shot Montana Black Gold for about 5 years. I recently switched to an Option 6 sight just to switch things up. MBG are great sights and have a large variety of options depending on your budget. Also Super bright pins.

I've used a trophy ridge react 5 for the last few years and have really liked it. Recently got a new bow though and thinking real hard about trying the MBG ascent verdict.

Aelee14

FNG
Still in the process of sighting in my S&S Built Black Gold Verdict Assault, I went with the 3 pin set up. Very impressed so far and a HUGE upgrade from my Trophy Ridge FireWire. All depends on your budget to be honest, but i would suggest 3rd axis and micro adjust wind-age and elevation at a minimum.