Long in the tooth.....

Shraggs

WKR
Inherited my grandfathers 1902 Winchester 22 short/long. Untold chickens died by my father hand, then his siblings. At least a dozen grandchildren were taught to shoot with it. It’s sloppy old worn action still shoots true.

Bought a 1930s vintage Winchester 94 in 32 win spl used in 1976, my first rifle. Love that gun and need to use it more.

Man I have a lot of boots and select clothing like filson that stills sees selective use.

I have en extremely high end battery of stereo equipment most from the hay day of true hi fi early 80s. My best stress relief.

Hmmm, wapatititalk you been conspiring with spouses about hoarding problems…

I have a pair of Miendl Denali boots that I have had since 2005. I need to get them resoled, but I don't plan on getting rid of them anytime soon. Otherwise the only older piece of gear of I have is my poncho liner from my start in the mil, that was about 25 or so years ago. Still in great condition, I have to hide it or my wife and kids will steal it.

Just inherited a 1952-vintage Model 94 in .32 Special from my FIL who got it from his dad. Looking forward to using it when I still hunt the jungle here in western Oregon.

Slumberjack and mt hardware sleeping bags I’ve had since I was a kid 30 years ago.

The first thing I bought when I started hunting was an orange gortex cap from Cabellas. A bit faded now, but still going strong probably 15 years later.

The reference above to Gene Taylor’s in Gunnison CO really takes me back—a classic outdoor store.

I have a few pieces of equipment that I occasionally use that are over 30 years old. But I use my 20 year old Swaro EL 8.5-42 binos on every hunt. Next would be my Leica range finder that is the same age.

Macintosh

WKR
I have a 1913 AH Fox shotgun that mostly gets used on the range, but goes hunting occasionally. It came to me as a basket-case and needed rebuilt so its not all original, but still going strong.

My go-to bird hunting shotgun—I have several, this one is by far my favorite—is a 20ga Beretta BL-4 made in the mid 1960’s, that I restocked to fit me. Ive also since acquired a second set of barrels so its now a 2-barrel set. The bluing on the action is mostly worn off from carrying and its got a few stories to tell. Weighs nothing, carries one-handed like a dream, and still balances on the hinge and isnt overly whippy to shoot. I cant afford what it would cost to replace with a similar-handling gun today, the new ones are better in some ways but simply dont handle as well.

My brother still uses the mossberg 500 that I bought used for $100 off the rack at a hardware store in the adirondacks in 1984.

A boat/motor that is 30+ yrs old, at least a couple 30+ year old packs, sleeping bags, some wool, a fishing rod, recurve bows, etc.

Had my dads 1970’s compound bow until it exploded in my hands. Luckily still have all my fingers and toes.

Also some of my grandfathers shop tools, but thats a diff topic.

A worthy topic for resurrection...

I had a liquid fuel two-burner camp stove that said it worked with regular or leaded gasoline. As in when leaded gasoline was novel and premium, so around the 1920's.

I also have a Winchester 1890 that my grandfather had as a kid, about the same timeframe. My grandkids will get that one too, so 5 generations.

sdboyle73

FNG
My buck knife my dad bought me when I was 12 for my first deer hunt. It’s been on all my hunts for the last 38 years.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Do guns count? I've got a couple I've had since high school (I'm 60). Tons of gear 35+ years old that I bought after college when I started to have money, tent, sleeping bag, water jugs and all kinds of camping gear. I have several pocket knives I've had since Boy Scouts. A 21 YO pickup also. I just have the mentality that if it still works, no need to get a new one.

Edit: One of my rifles, a Model 98 Mauser, I believe is over 100 years old.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have a 1953 Ruger single six .22 revolver I inherited from my brother. 53 was the first year they were manufactured. I have a 1970 Remington 870 12 gauge I purchased when $125 was a lot of money.

FLATHEAD

WKR
A Cabelas fleece daypack that has to be 30+ years old.
How it hasnt fallen apart, I dont know.
Been used regularly, and even hauled some meat.