Long drive ebook suggestions

Not WW2, but the Longhunters by Rinella is pretty good. I listen to a lot of self help/diet stuff. Don't forget podcasts too. I devour a lot of the hunting ones, but Rogan, Meateater, hunttalk, etc are all pretty entertaining. If you are into health Good energy by Casey and Callie means is good. Pretty technical. Also diet/lifestyle, Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint- both pretty eye opening and scary actually. Currently also have killers of the flower moon going as well.

Yoder

WKR
If you like Theodore Roosevelt, there's a three book series by Edmund Morris that is outstanding. There's also a great three book series about Winston Chruchill written by William Manchester.

Some of my favorite WWII books:
Islands of the damned by R.V. Burgin- War in the pacific
The Liberator by Alex Kershaw- Fighting through Italy and Europe then liberating one of the first concentration camps.
Helmet for my pillow by Robert Leckie- War in the Pacific, referenced to make the series The Pacific
To hell and back by Audie Murphy the Medal of Honor recipient
With the old breed by E.B. Sledge- The Pacific mini series was also based on this outstanding book.

Vietnam war:
On the ground by John Stryker Meyer- SOG missions that were declassified. This is a great book but the narration is pretty awful. He was on Jockos podcast a bunch of times. His stories are incredible.

Silent warrior by Charles Henderson -This is about the legendary sniper Carlos Hathcock

This is one of the most amazing transformations of any person I've heard about in a long time. Hopeless, morbidly obese, alcoholic, drug addict to ultra runner. The book is called Out There by David Clark I've listened to this several times.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Not ww2. But the Iliad by homer and the odyssey by homer are great ones to listen to. Last of the Breed by Louis l'Amour is a favorite of mine. It's about an American pilot crash landing in Russia and getting in touch with his native american ways while he's tracked down.

TX_Diver

WKR
Unbroken was good
Endurance (qualifies for the manly category) is an all time favorite.
Once an eagle is fiction but is very much in line with what you’re looking for also I think. You may have to make the drive 2x to finish it though 😂