Long distance range finder suggestions

ChuckC

WKR
I figured some of you may do some long distance shooting or have experience with long distance rangefinder. Looking for something to go 1500 yards or so to be able to bounce off of truck or tractor or combine to get length of crop plots harvested to calculate acreage to get yields. So, angle compensation etc is not a necessity. Also prob need to keep in $400 dollar range if possible.

Laramie

WKR
I figured some of you may do some long distance shooting or have experience with long distance rangefinder. Looking for something to go 1500 yards or so to be able to bounce off of truck or tractor or combine to get length of crop plots harvested to calculate acreage to get yields. So, angle compensation etc is not a necessity. Also prob need to keep in $400 dollar range if possible.
Use google earth for what you are trying to do. It gives you very accurate measurements and it is free.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Some may say Vortex. I had a Ranger 1800 that wouldn't range 600 yards off of a water well generator in a metal shed in an open flat ag field. Sent it back and they said it was in spec. Now I know the numbers they give aren't real and I never expected it to give me an 1800yd reading, but I did expect to at least get 600-800 out of it. It really was worthless after about 500yds. I have a Leica 2800 and I can get 1200 off of an animal. I little out of your price range but a nice unit that can be had about $750ish.

yeah one of the satellite mapping tools is going to be a lot easier to work with than a rangefinder for this particular task, plus being cheaper.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Doesn't your combine have a system to do that? I'm interested how you came to be in this situation if you're harvesting "plots." Just curious (did ag field research for 20+ yrs)

OP
C

ChuckC

WKR
Doesn't your combine have a system to do that? I'm interested how you came to be in this situation if you're harvesting "plots." Just curious (did ag field research for 20+ yrs)
Some combines do but every once in a while they don’t with an older combine. I work for Univ of Arkansas Div of AG in corn and grain sorghum. Guys will call me to help certify yield contests and some require a wheel or range finder. Can’t use GPS and verify results.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Some combines do but every once in a while they don’t with an older combine. I work for Univ of Arkansas Div of AG in corn and grain sorghum. Guys will call me to help certify yield contests and some require a wheel or range finder. Can’t use GPS and verify results.
Got it. Working with producers can generate some interesting problems. Good luck finding what you need!