ll bean clothing

apphunter

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with ll bean clothing? They have a lifetime guarantee and free shipping. I was looking at their big game system and a down vest or jacket they carry.

I live in North Carolina and in the past have done typical south eastern style hunting on private land. I want to change that though. I'm planning a trip toppisgah national forest in the mountains where I would back pack in and hopefully find some deer that aren't as pressured due to the remote location a d the rugged terrain.

I'm just evolving as a Hunter and am looking for more of a challenge. Going out west isn't in the financial cards for another couple years so I figured I could refine my gear selection, and hopefully work out as many of the bugs as I can before I go.

Thanks for the input

JD

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about hunting, but we usually catch a sale and buy the kids outwear there. Its high quality stuff that usually makes it to the hand me down stage. Having 2 hard charging boys, that is saying something. We live in Alaska and they are required to bring snow gear to school every day during the winter as they go outside for recess in just about all weather conditions. The cheap stuff doesn't last long, LLBean's kids snow gear is top notch.

Brendan

WKR
Without commenting on specific gear - they are a fantastic company.

Lifetime satisfaction guarantee - no questions asked.

I've brought stuff back broken after several years, and have always walked out with a brand new replacement.

I don't think you can go wrong giving their gear a shot - return it if you don't like it, and they are also big supporters of hunters and fisherman, unlike some other large outdoor companies.

Last edited:

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of LL Bean's Gore-Tex Upland Game pants that I have used for elk hunting in the CO Rockies and on rainy day's hunting deer elsewhere. I was concerned that thy might be a bit noisy but they were not. I highly recommend them for wet or snowy weather.

Throc

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have any experience with their hunting lines but I wear a lot of their dress shirts and dress pants for work at the office. They've always held up well.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I use an LL Bean Soft Shell Jacket for years. Built as good as some of the other brands like Guide Jacket or the Sitka Jetstream but without the Laminate. The DWR finish is fantastic. Pit zips and Pocket on the arm.

Their pack frame gets pretty high reviews. for 80 bucks its almost worth trying out. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6439...yall-pack&attrValue_0=Olive&productId=1077114

Almost looks like a kifaru Clone with a built in Cargo panel. If someone has tried this out Id love to hear more. Looks like they got all the right parts on this thing.

LostArra

WKR
I like the wool clothing I've used from Bean. But it's a crap shoot on garment buttons. If those Chinese kids are having a bad day expect the buttons to fall off quickly.
My wife and I laughed out loud when I tried on some new Bean wool pants (mail order). Two pocket buttons and the waist button all fell off immediately.
Bean offered to replace them but my wife just sewed the buttons on with Power Pro fishing line making them near permanent.