Lizard head and beyond

Bucke13

FNG
Hi I'm planning my 1st elk hunt. I've been planning this trip for abt three years but due to a very busy military schedule I have been unable to go. So this year I'm pulling the trigger on it. I have several locations picked out just looking for some input. So if you have experience with colorado gmus 25 26 70 71 231 please pm me n I'll let you know where I'm headed n give me ur thoughts thanks.

huntinrod

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted lizard head a few years ago. Shot a rag horn bull. Lots of elk. Get up and away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I can relate to a busy military schedule, I just retired so I can hunt way more now. If you come through the south end of the state via durango give me a shout so we can meet.

OP
Bucke13

Bucke13

FNG
Hey thought I'd post abt my Hunt. Started in the San Juan right by lizard head . Steep country! Scouted for 2 days before opener saw a calf lots of sign. Than on opener was over run by hunters. Went all the way up to 12000 feet and still ran into 5 or six people. A total of 12 in 2.5 hours. So I moved all the way up by yampa. Great country! Lots of people but huge area ran into 2 ppl in 7 days. Saw a cow but no shot. I'd say I was there too early lots of sign horn rubs wallow but just not allot of movement. Walked around 12 miles a day. Was there around Aug 30 through September 6th. Plan on coming later next year

I'd like to help out if I can. Send me a pm with your number and we can start getting you ready for next season.