Liner for Seek Outside Cimarron...??

Jeremybj

FNG
Greetings to all,

After finding out that a lightweight hot tent exists (ya I lived under a rock the last 5 years apparently...) I am looking at going with a Seek Outside Cimarron tent with medium titanium stove ( their hot tent bundle). The tent will be for me and a friend for everything from Colorado high country elk hunt to South Dakota west river mule deer.

A concern came up with the Cimarron when I was looking at the accessories for it. Does this thing need a liner or not? I don't see one listed for it. I am worried about a huge build up of condensation in it.

Can anyone advise on this? If it is going to be an issue, I can always go with a different hot tent combo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

reaper

WKR
Go with the 4 man you can have liners...cimarron does not have this option.I am from Qc in Canada and liners is a must have.There is a 4 man brown color for sale at a great price on seekoutside forum.
c0f4ae20b72b5caf11af6b67dc0bd8a0.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

OP
J

Jeremybj

FNG
Are you running two half liners or just one half liner in your 4 man?

reaper

WKR
Are you running two half liners or just one half liner in your 4 man?
Winter trips we are always 2 so i keep both liners,if you are alone most of the time you can use just one half where you sleep and no liner where the stove location.
Summer trips i take both liners off,2 doors tipi make it super easy to dry everything.When ordering liners, if you buy a tipi on the classifieds and its a 2014 and less you need to specify it to seekoutside because they have made somes changes to the tipis since so it wont fit perfectly.I learn it the hard way.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have yet to wish for a liner in my Cimmaron so to each their own I guess.

tttoadman

WKR
The only real issues I have had with a floorless and condensation is from the hot air coming out of my sleeping bag above my head. It was really bad this year in November OR. I would think that would be about as bad as it gets.

OP
J

Jeremybj

FNG
Luke, Do you run the stove in yours all the time to avoid the condensation? Follow up question, do you boil water in a pot on the stove for a mountain house meal or does it not get hot enough on top to do that?

Jeremy