Limitless Outdoors-mule deer

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I can also do without the preachy nonsense, especially when fear tactics are used to push people into their own belief system or if anyone tries to tell you that you can't have a belief in God without their religion.

A transporter they have used in Alaska had a conversation with me about these guys. It started as a warning to us to not get cited as they did for a few minor things that took place in a protected area. They hunt hard, no doubt, but are often reckless when it comes to taking appropriate equipment for Alaskan survival and decision making in the field. I know on two occassions they nearly ended up in situations that could have easily been life-threatening because of poor judgement.

I personally would not risk my life or my partner's life for any animal or for any amount of YouTube clicks.

I can also do without the preachy nonsense, especially when fear tactics are used to push people into their own belief system or if anyone tries to tell you that you can't have a belief in God without their religion.

A transporter they have used in Alaska had a conversation with me about these guys. It started as a warning to us to not get cited as they did for a few minor things that took place in a protected area. They hunt hard, no doubt, but are often reckless when it comes to taking appropriate equipment for Alaskan survival and decision making in the field. I know on two occassions they nearly ended up in situations that could have easily been life-threatening because of poor judgement.

I personally would not risk my life or my partner's life for any animal or for any amount of YouTube clicks.

I have never seen them use fear tactics in the message they are sharing. I absolutely approve of and appreciate what they are doing. My kids love it and my wife appreciates it too.

Your comments about the life-threatening situations are a little subjective. Every time we step into the outdoors it can be life-threatening if me make poor decisions. It’s up to everyone personally what they deem as dangerous or life-threatening. My comfort or safety level is not the same the other guy at the trail head. We just make the best decision we can with the situation we are dealt.

I think they are sharing a great message in the best place to actually SEE and experience creation and appreciate the gifts/things we have been blessed with in life. I know I get a better appreciation for most everything when I’m beat and worn out and hungry out in the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Did you see the video where they completely ran out of food with quite a few days left in their trip and had to eat moose and fish to survive? How about the moose they shot 6.5 miles from camp and had to use the moose hide to avoid freezing to death overnight?

As far as their messge; telling someone that you must believe as they believe or risk spend eternity in hell IS using fear tactics. No rational person will truly believe in anything using that method. Ever.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
As far as their messge; telling someone that you must believe as they believe or risk spend eternity in hell IS using fear tactics. No rational person will truly believe in anything using that method. Ever.
I’ve watched most but not all of Justin’s video’s. He’s simply spreading the word of God to those that’ll listen and does a mighty fine job doing it.

Eternity is a long time-Eternity in hell is something believers aren’t willing to gamble on.

I’ve watched most but not all of Justin’s video’s. He’s simply spreading the word of God to those that’ll listen and does a mighty fine job doing it.

Eternity is a long time-Eternity in hell is something believers aren’t willing to gamble on.

Truth. That’s how I see what he’s doing and yes, he’s doing a great job, in my opinion.

I have to ask because I truly don’t know; how does video and photos alone give a spot away? If I have never been somewhere or have personal knowledge about what a place looks like, how on earth would I know where it is?

I see people hollering about others ruining spots all the time on here and elsewhere but I have no freakin clue where these people are so I have no idea how to get there. I would think it would be especially hard when they have hiked in that many miles (as people say) and are where most folks have never even been. Without publicly stating the unit and trail or someone recognizing the exact spot I just don’t see how they are ruining anything.

This is my general opinion on ALL of these topics, not just this thread. I don’t know if others have some special google-foo that I don’t know about or what to find these spots.

sneaky

"DADDY"
They must sharing their hunt areas personally to people because I've never heard any details on the vids.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
They don't have to give details in the vids. People can figure out where they're at just from the videos. That's what @Ryan Avery is pointing out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yep seem like good guys and certainly nothing wrong with getting excited but it's just another group trying to jump on the influencer bandwagon to profit off hunting all the while exposing territory. Sitting way behind the deer to inflate it while rambling on pontificating about why they hunt followed by a $$$ pitch is just well....you know. If the video skipped some of the extra BS and was about some regular guys excited about sharing their hunt It'd be a different story.
Guess you're basing your opinion off of that one video. Those guys have killed big bucks and bulls all over the west, bears, wolves, etc. Their whole body of work is pretty solid.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Did you see the video where they completely ran out of food with quite a few days left in their trip and had to eat moose and fish to survive? How about the moose they shot 6.5 miles from camp and had to use the moose hide to avoid freezing to death overnight?

Did they die? Nope. So they were obviously more prepared than you're giving them credit for. Interesting how native Alaskans disappear every year... guess they were stupid too by your logic?

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
Did they die? Nope. So they were obviously more prepared than you're giving them credit for. Interesting how native Alaskans disappear every year... guess they were stupid too by your logic?

What an ignorant statement....

And no I am not an Alaskan, by the way. If you are trying to insult me you need to try another route. Alaskans go missing for a number of reasons I don't need to elaborate on with you.

Tmac

WKR
They are both great guys but they show WAY to much of Idaho. Totally jacked up a place I have hunted for years. I know this because I asked ten of the thirty plus people I ran into on the mountain.

Have had the same thing happen. Sucks pond water. Wish the shows would consider that issue and be guarded about locales.

It amazes me how those type of hunting shows get the tags for all the animals they kill, Hell I just want one tag each for antelope and a mule deer.

BBob

WKR
Guess you're basing your opinion off of that one video.

Pretty much. I almost never watch any hunting videos. Why I watched that one 🤷‍♂️

As to my criticisms, what does it matter what their body of work is or how good they may be? You automatically get a pass if you kill lots of stuff and are good at it? Meh, probably why I don’t watch any of the stuff.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I have to ask because I truly don’t know; how does video and photos alone give a spot away? If I have never been somewhere or have personal knowledge about what a place looks like, how on earth would I know where it is?

I see people hollering about others ruining spots all the time on here and elsewhere but I have no freakin clue where these people are so I have no idea how to get there. I would think it would be especially hard when they have hiked in that many miles (as people say) and are where most folks have never even been. Without publicly stating the unit and trail or someone recognizing the exact spot I just don’t see how they are ruining anything.

This is my general opinion on ALL of these topics, not just this thread. I don’t know if others have some special google-foo that I don’t know about or what to find these spots.

If you are familiar with a general area/region of a state where a youtuber is hunting its easy to sit on google earth for a few hours and you'll find locations based off background images of big mountains. A couple of years ago (and I suck at computers) I was able to find the exact spot a famous UFC hunting "influencer" killed some bucks that he poached out of a different unit. It was clear cut poaching/hunting in the wrong unit. I sent all the info to DFG, I never fallowed up or cared enough to find out what happened. People are really dumb posting their content online, especially when they break laws.

BWMhunts

FNG
These guys rock and they hunt hard! I love watching their videos- and this particular message about god was awesome in my opinion. I don’t understand why folks gotta bag on them for glorifying god. People shaming them for growing their channel don’t understand the gospel.

Why is he sitting 10 feet behind the deer?
Because he can. Respectfully, anyone on this forum would be thrilled to be within 100 feet of a buck like that. Even more, in a place like that.

Hey OP: Thanks for posting this topic! What a great platform for proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ to hunters, particularly the RS crowd - way too cool!

The Great Commission
Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

The Hatred of the World
John 15:18-19 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Love LO's guts/fearlessness - preach on, in Christ!

jimmy33

WKR
I love Jesus and I love that these people preach the word of God so bodly…as mentioned earlier, eternity is a long time and eternity in hell would not be a great way to spend it. My prayer is that the hunters on this forum would spend as much time thinking about where they are going when they die for eternity as opposed to where they are going hunting next season…

Sadler

WKR

Not gonna lie, having to survive off moose meat and fish for a few days and sleeping under the hide to avoid freezing sounds like a good time. But then again, not everyone’s sense of adventure is the same.

How is them preaching the gospel a fear tactic? If you don’t believe then you shouldn’t be scared.

jimmy33

WKR

Im a very rational person...Im a Husband, Father, Veteran, and I am in a job currently that people depend on me to rationally think through very precarious situations so that I can properly save their lives and I absolutely believe in the truth of the gospel. Listen, Limitless Outdoors and I didn't make up the truth of the gospel, God did...and since He made everything He gets to tell everyone else what the truth is. Limitless Outdoors is just spreading the word so you can follow that truth or not. As far as I am concerned, He is showing a lot of courage spreading the truth of the gospel to a world bent on destroying Gods truth.

jimmy33

WKR
Christianity is absolutely set apart from all other belief systems...its the only one that doesn't base the ability to go to heaven based on our own works. It's only based on the fact that the God of the universe sent his only son, Jesus, to die on the cross so that you and I, who are unworthy, may have a place in heaven for eternity with Him. If it was based on our works, none of us would be worthy because we are sinful. You are right that God is pure love...if He wasn't he wouldn't have provided an opportunity for the saved people to enter heaven. As far as your other objections, a short blurb on a hunting forum will not do the arguments from my end justice. I will just end in saying that God wants everyone to come to Him and put their trust in Him.