Limb Driven or Drop Away Arrow Rests

Dan MT

FNG
Are there any measurable performance differences between the two rests?

Are there any measurable performance differences between the two rests?
I have not had good luck with cable driven rests, have had 3 or 4 QAD hdx over the years, I know they have served many well, but I can’t trust them. I don’t know what makes them sticky here on the coast, but I assume moisture and fern pollen

Have never had a problem with a limb driven rest (yet) I have had 2 vapor trails and 2 hamskea, I prefer the hamskea but both have been reliable

If I ever have a problem with a limb driven rest that makes me question reliability, I’m going back to a damn whisker biscuit! Haha

Being able to repair easily in the field is great too, they are simple like me😏

I do like having your rest cocked like with a QAD, but I just can’t use them anymore. I currently use the new version of the vapor trail pro V, I should have just got the epsilon like I intended, but I didn’t… nothing I dislike about the vapor trail, so I’ll probably just shoot it this year

Flash

FNG
Limb driven is infinitely easier to set up and tune. Don’t have to worry about cord length or when it drops (you can tune it if need be). Every cable drop away I’ve set up has the extra step of putting it on the draw board to adjust the length of the cord. Limb driven just tie it, pull 1/8” on the spring and tight it down. Go shoot. Never an issue.

Limb driven for me. Started off years ago with a cable driven rest that was tied into the cable. It worked well until some twists needed to be added for cable stretch. Then there's the whole resetup if you get new cables/strings. I've been doing Vapor Trail for many years without issue. Just put their intergrate rest on a new Darton Prelude.....works as it should and quiet.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Every cable drop away I’ve set up has the extra step of putting it on the draw board to adjust the length of the cord.
You don't have to put it on a draw board. You can just loosen the cord tightening bolt, pull the cable through tight, and then draw the bow and let it down. Mark the cable and pull it through 1/16", and tighten it down. That works very well with a QAD, and takes like 30 seconds.