Lil help? Link to “Gear” forum…

What type of socks most folks wear into their stocking waders?

I now have in my possession the G3 guide boot, the Flyweight and Orvis ultra light.

With a thick smart wool they are all too tight. I think the Orvis being the tightest, but also the most uniform snugness. All 13 and I wear a 12 shoe / boot. Feel like the 14 Orvis might be the ticket. But could likely be comfortable with the 13 if I could get by with a thin sock into waders. This would also be best set up for using boots with waterproof socks and no waders.

This is getting silly.
B9B84976-DD9F-48CE-800E-F44EA9422142.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I use g3 waders abandon those same g3 boots in your picture, I sized up one size on the boots. The socks I wear just depends on how long I’m going to be in the waders. For an afternoon of fishing I just wear whatever hiking socks I grab. For a moose hunt I usually use kenetrek Alaskan socks. Those socks are thick, warm and while they sometimes seem too warm at first. They are great after you’ve been cold awhile.

USMC2602

WKR
Same as Thinhorn here. Simms G3 waders and boots, one size up on the boots. Wore Darn Tough heavy wool socks on my recent moose trip out of Bethel. Worked well for me.