Lightweight scope options?

Because my 6.5cm Tikka got out of hand (11+lbs finished) I’m looking to get a howa mini in a 6ARC with a stockys V2 stock. Need a light weight scope, doesn’t need to dial but would need a BDC style reticle.

SWFA 2-10 fit the bill but is always out of stock. Any suggestions on a light scope that won’t loose zero under simple drops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
how about Zeiss V6 3-18. Very pleased and got it a year ago, and have it mounted on one of my rifle. Glass is great and it returns to zero consistently. Swarovski has great glass, but their turrets have been known to be their weak point. March seems to be the best of the light weight scopes if your wallet will allow. I do miss illumination on the V6, but otherwise no complaints.

LightFoot

WKR
Depends on the money you wanna spend. Trijicon is a great choice. New Steiner H6Xi looks promising. Nightforce is always a good choice.

>>>——JAKE——>

OP
T
Thanks guys but I’m thinking around 12 ounces. Otherwise I’d just go with a SWFA 10x at 20oz

TN2shot07

WKR
Swaro z3 3-9x36 or the Maven Rs.2 2-10x38.

I have both on Model Sevens. My wife has a Leupold 2.5-8 on hers, never had any issues with it either but don’t read the reviews on here first.

OP
T
Swaro z3 3-9x36 or the Maven Rs.2 2-10x38.

I have both on Model Sevens. My wife has a Leupold 2.5-8 on hers, never had any issues with it either but don’t read the reviews on here first.

RS.2 was on my radar until their only BDC reticle is the SHR. No idea how 5moa,10moa and 20MOA verticals hash marks are of much value?

TN2shot07

WKR
RS.2 was on my radar until their only BDC reticle is the SHR. No idea how 5moa,10moa and 20MOA verticals hash marks are of much value?

Mine is just a duplex, I’m good to 400 without turning a dial. Just took a little range time to walk it in and out

Macintosh

WKR
Id look hard at a trijicon with a mil-dot reticle. Caveat the credo 3-9 fixed throw lever is in the way of the bolt on most rifles—youd likely need to cut it off. But its one of the only lighter scopes Ive owned that I havent personally had problems with it holding zero. They also have some other models without this throw lever.

OP
T
Id look hard at a trijicon with a mil-dot reticle. Caveat the credo 3-9 fixed throw lever is in the way of the bolt on most rifles—youd likely need to cut it off. But its one of the only lighter scopes Ive owned that I havent personally had problems with it holding zero. They also have some other models without this throw lever.

Thanks for the suggestion. They also make the Hurron with a BDC reticle. Both are about 17oz. I’m wondering if for 3 more oz it’s just worth going with the 10x SWFA so I can dial repeatedly

Macintosh

WKR
Maybe, thats up to you, I'd thought you said no dialing--for some folks an open dial is a liability not a benefit, you have to decide that. FWIW I'd far prefer a mil dot over a distance-based BDC reticle. Mils happen to line up well with distances anyway, and the regular dot-spacing makes it easier to interpolate at odd ranges.