Lightweight hunting knife

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
That’s a tough one for me, but probably the Altitude. That said, the Kestrel caper has been in my kill kit for the last decade or so and it, along with the Kestrel skinner, has cleaned quite a few goats and sheep, to include my first goat and my sons, first goat, moose, and sheep. I’ve only used the Altitude once, on a moose this past season, so I don’t have a whole lot of history with it, but it worked really well and felt good in my hand. Also, if you’re looking for something incredibly light and holds an edge very well, the Kestrel caper is pretty hard to beat.

5bcfcf5d73dade210790ced7c4551c9c.jpg

0f7dfbf7054cde272919b6733424503d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are those the Ti models?

KingGus

WKR
I used the Benchmade altitude for year and loved it, but recently moved to the Capra Hunter Ti and haven't looked back. Yes, it's not as good as a full sized knife for boning out game but it can do it no worries.

Hoff

FNG
I like the Argali Serac
I agree, I really like mine. I use a leather strop and the green stropping compound and it will be shaving sharp. I’ve done a deer and an elk with it and haven’t had to do anything other than stropping to maintain the edge shaving sharp.

Last edited:

Bump79

WKR

I picked up this knife - super impressed for the money.

jeedo

FNG
If I'm not concerned about weight, I like to use my Spyderco Southfork in s90v in combo or an SPK shark in vanax. Not the lightest but they are laser sharp and a joy to use. I have and use cheaper knives like the mentioned Victorinox and havalons as well, but I personally enjoy the feel of a nice knife in hand that someone put some love into and I will pass down one day.