Lightweight Bipod

Either the Backlanz or the MTN are my recommendations- personally own thr Backlanz and rate it, my mates have the MTN and it's wicked in steep, difficult terrain to set up

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Searching for a lightweight bipod. Have used spartan, didnt love the connection. Interested in other ideas.
What don't you like about the connection? I have spartan adapters on my hunting rifles and am soon getting the gunsmith adapter installed on two of them. I wasn't a huge fan of the bulkiness of the classic adapter, but other than that I have no complaints at all.

i would also like to know what you did not like about the Spartan. Thanks. any complaints about the Hatch?

I have made these mounting plates for connecting my Magpul bipods. I add M-LOK to the bottom of my rifles factory stocks. I have used them on wood and synthetic stocks. IMG_2659.png

Attachments

• IMG_2660.png
    IMG_2660.png
    610.1 KB · Views: 18

pirogue

WKR
Not sure which connection the OP didn’t like, as there is a little more bulk in the classic gunsmith, compared to the Universal. Hard to imagine less bulk, less weight, and quicker connect/disconnect, yet still have the sling connection, on the Spartan Universal connector. Sure like it on my Tikka

worx53

WKR
MDT double pull or triple is worth every ounce. I ditched the spartan as 50% of the time I needed it out west in particular on steeper angles it was too short and couldn’t adjust quickly

MDT works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
MDT double pull or triple is worth every ounce. I ditched the spartan as 50% of the time I needed it out west in particular on steeper angles it was too short and couldn’t adjust quickly

MDT works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This....after running a single pull in matches last year I got a lightweight double pull to be my do everything bipod and I'm stoked to use it in WY mule deer hunting this year.

I like the look of the gunsmith adapter. I just use the standard one. I gotta say, it's one of the most stable I have used and love how I can just pop it on the rifle when I need it. Honestly can't help the OP much but you might look at the gunsmith adapter as has been mentioned.

gtriple

WKR
What don't you like about the connection? I have spartan adapters on my hunting rifles and am soon getting the gunsmith adapter installed on two of them. I wasn't a huge fan of the bulkiness of the classic adapter, but other than that I have no complaints at all.
The connection has too much play. I've run the bipod and tripod for several years now. It is fine, but not perfect.