Lightest threaded barrel .22

Was backpack elk hunting this week and ran into approx 20 grouse throughout the week. Didn’t take any due to firearm noise. Recently received my suppressor for .22LR and want a light weight rifle to take with for next elk season. This would help a ton for food supply on the backpack trip. I have a 10/22 already but seems too heavy. What’s a good collapsible / super lite .22lr threaded barrel option? Thanks!

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I am setting up a .22 Savage Rascal for my kids for use as a light weight rabbit and grouse getter.

I bought a Rascal Minimalist because it is their only model that has the light profile barrel, iron sights, and is threaded. All features that I wanted compared to the heavy barrel, optics required models or the light but un-threaded models.

In the laminated wood Minimalist stock it weighs 3 lb 6 oz. I called Savage and ordered the standard synthetic stock for $22. Swapping stocks reduced the weight by 8 oz so now it's 2 lb 14 oz. I have a 2 oz Mercy Pluto in jail thanks to @Cameron.25 's recommendation and review on this forum. That will bring it to 3 lbs total.

The Rascal has a short LOP, so depending on your build it may be too small to be practical for you. I have seen 3rd party stock extensions are available that could make it fit you better without adding too much weight.

Are you hunting solo or is someone else with you who could use the rifle? I'm not sure I would carry two rifles on a backcountry hunt, even one this light. Have you considered a suppressed 22LR pistol?

Why not go with a pistol in 22lr? I take mine whenever I am headed to the woods and it has taken tons of grouse and rabbits. Way lighter than a rifle.