Light weight left hand action

Encore4me

FNG
Where can I find an affordable lightweight action for a 6.5 CM build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spoonbill

WKR
Where can I find an affordable lightweight action for a 6.5 CM build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Your best bet is going to be a factory tikka in terms of affordability. The only lightweight actions I can think of are more than what a factory tikka cost.
If you are dead set on building a semi custom gun, look for a used tikka. I picked one up for about 600 last year.

leclairk

FNG
Depends on your definition of affordable and lightweight. Agree with above that Tikka is a good option but 2ish pounds. I bought a Kelbly Nanook 25ish ounces and $1300.

OP
E

Encore4me

FNG
I was just hoping this would be a cheaper option than buying a whole new gun. Ideally I would like to just buy a Tikka action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrongside

WKR
Tikka will be your best balance of budget, weight, functionality and durability. There are other LH options, but they won’t be as nice, or will cost a lot more.

If you’re wanting to do a light weight build, why not start with a T3x Superlight in 6.5CM?

Marshfly

WKR
I was just hoping this would be a cheaper option than buying a whole new gun. Ideally I would like to just buy a Tikka action.

Having a barrel installed on your action that you purchase for the build, no matter the cost, will be more expensive than just buying a rifle.

I would suggest looking at a brand new or used Ruger American if you are on a budget. They are available left handed and for the most part shoot very well.

leclairk

FNG

I bought one from JA Outdoors. Came with the bottom “metal”, mag, and trigger. Sometimes their website inventory isn’t up to date so it’s worth a call.

Dunky

WKR
I have a left hand pierce shadow short action and several tikkas. While the pierce is light to start with, when you add a trigger, bottom metal, magazine, etc it is only a couple ounces lighter than the tikka.

davsco

WKR
always the lefty tax... but worse, more dollars and less supply & options.