Light weight bipod

I bought a spartan originally just so I could have a bipod I could take off. I wanted a bipod to be able to put my rifle down without it falling over. I use it as the range off the bench, but rarely shoot in the prone in field.

I really dig the spartan set up. I have a short non-adjustable set that I carry in my bino harness, and a sentinel tripod. I have an adjustable bipod from spartan as well, but now that I have the tripod, I rarely carry it.

Each one of my rifles has a bipod adaptor so I can use it on any rifle. This also works with the tripod.

The tripod, can be used as an extra tall bipod, monopod or as trekking poles. I have an adaptor from spartan to use my binos with this “system”.

All in all, I couldn’t be happier with this set up.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any additional info on this bipod? Think its called the "Kratos"?
It's getting released at Shot right now. I have a ton on order should be April or May Rob told us.

There should be some new pictures of stuff coming up on Mr G's and Spartans Instagram.

If you can't find them, find us on Instagram and you should be able to find them.

I got sick so I didn't make it down to shot unfortunately but I'll be getting some pictures I'll try to post them.

Ralphie

WKR
I have a javelin bipod. Works really well. There are lots of times I don't want a bipod attached to my rifle. Light, simple, pans and tilts and on and off rifle very quickly.

Also, I've ordered from Happy Antelope and they were top notch with excellent service.

Backlanz have just released 2 ARCA and Pic Rail bipods. These have some incredible specs and options and weigh only 5.1oz.

khuber84

WKR
I've found ultra lite bipods have noticeably less rigidity and more wobble than my lightweight ckyepod. 16oz and a ton of adjustment, I'll take the weight penalty.

Geewhiz

WKR
Backlanz have just released 2 ARCA and Pic Rail bipods. These have some incredible specs and options and weigh only 5.1oz.

And the cool thing is they are only $700 🤣

ljalberta

WKR

I'm running Spartan for backpacking at the moment, but dang, that thing looks brilliant.

I am a big fan of the mtn gear bipod. I've used it for a couple years now and have no complaints. Usually carry it on my bino harness. Quick to deploy and pretty rugged and sturdy considering what it weights.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another happy Spartan bipod user- nice to not have it semi-permanently attached. Also using a light tripod w/ one of their heads— can glass and shoot— swapping optics or rifle pretty quickly. Very capable system.

NAUxdxi.jpg

I'm running a spartan. I keep it on my pack belt in a $10 flashlight holster. Thinking about trying the magpul for a couple of guns that it want it mounted on full time. Half the weight of a harris is attractive.

A CKYE POD is the same price and these are over 10oz lighter with similar functionality
Similar features, sure. Other than amount of cant and ability to pan (depending if you want or hate that). It remains to be seen how stable they are in comparison. Though they can't be expected to be as stable necessarily since they are so much lighter.

180ls1

WKR
I'm running a spartan. I keep it on my pack belt in a $10 flashlight holster. Thinking about trying the magpul for a couple of guns that it want it mounted on full time. Half the weight of a harris is attractive.

I'm probably picking up another for that same reason. I don't think you'll be disappointed as long as you're not expecting too much for what it is.

jtoolson

FNG
Probably a joke but an MDT triple pull Ckye pod comes to mind as the NRL/PRS field match do-all. It's obviously very heavy so not practical for most hunting though. I say this after just buying a single pull standard weight Ckye pod (24oz) for my hunting purposes so I'm a hypocrite.
I was wanting a triple pull as well, buy once cry once, but can’t find one in stock anywhere. What are they, almost 2 lbs?

This new backlanz looks amazing - for the price it better come with a lifetime of happy endings…