Light primer strikes help requested

sworrior

FNG
Good afternoon,

i have finally gotten out to shoot my brand new custom 300WSM. Shot a few fed fusions to get the scope on paper and experienced a couple light primer strikes. Shifted over to my TTSX handloads, same problem about 1 in 4. I know the primers are good (good detonation out of my 460). These are WLRM primers. Any suggestions while I wait to hear back from the maker?

Here is the load:

WLRM primer
65 grains of RL16
168 grain TTSX seated 10/1000 off lands
New Hornady brass full length sized

Here is the rifle:

26 inch proof sendero 1/10
Big horn origin action
Triggertech trigger
AG composites alpine hunter stock
Vortex viper PST gen 2

thanks in advance!

Dcrafton

WKR
Being a full custom, you will need to work the bugs out.
Change the spring to a heavier one and be done with it.
Be there done that with my full custom 280ai, would miss Fire about 1 out of 10, changed the spring and never had another issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeSCH

WKR
Pull out the firing pin and clean it up. In and around the spring trying to get the grease out.

It is very common on tikka's in cold weather. Search that on youtube and there will be videos on how to take it apart / clean it up.

OP
S

sworrior

FNG
Awesome, will take apart and clean. Dcrafton do you have a spring in mind? Not sure what is already in there. Thank you both!

Dcrafton

WKR
Awesome, will take apart and clean. Dcrafton do you have a spring in mind? Not sure what is already in there. Thank you both!

My action is a ARC nucleus, I just called them and they sent overnight the next spring up from the one that came with my action.
The spring cost me $8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk