Lever gun scope mount

TSAMP

WKR
Curious to see what you scoped lever gun guys are using for a scope mount? I'd like to stay low and I see Henry sells a 1 piece mount but it also states it'll clear a 50mm objective. Currently have a pic rail on my gun but would love to find a 1 piece low pro mount that bolts up.

Rock-o

WKR
On my Browning BLR I have a DNZ Game Reaper one piece mount/rings. It's made specifically for the BLR.

On my Marlin (Ruger) 1895 Trapper I have a Picatinny rail from Skinner Sights, also made for the rifle. The rings are Nightforce X-Treme Duty Ultralite.

tony

WKR
JM Marlin 1895 .45/70 ported barrel

DNZ Gamereaper mount holding a Leupold VX3 1.5x5

My Remlin Trapper has Skinners on it. This one is still in the box, I bought it a few years back. Not sure what I want to do with it optic wise.

WKR

WKR
Marlin 1895g with a scout scope
I kept getting scope bite so I had to do a scout style

Attachments

• 20230620_190839.jpg
    20230620_190839.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 20
OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
I think the DNZ is what I was after. I ended up ordering a low profile pic rail from Ranger point precision before I saw this. It's machined through the center to allow usage of the factory sight as well. Will see how low that gets the rings I already have.

Thanks for the feedback

I had a red dot on it and did not care for it. I think its my vision but red dots, And pins for that matter blur pretty bad for me.

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
Marlin 444 with a regular old weaver base. Leupold fixed 4x M8. Steel quick-release rings.

Edit: Rings = Weaver 49325. Base = Weaver 63B (I think)

CM2zdXa.jpg

Last edited:

Marlin604

FNG
I've got a Burris RT-6 mounted on low rings to an XS sites extended rail on my Marlin 336

Marlin 444 with a regular old weaver base. Leupold fixed 4x M8. Steel quick-release rings.

Edit: Rings = Weaver 49325. Base = Weaver 63B (I think)

CM2zdXa.jpg
nice looking rifle, I've got a Marlin 336 Lever I am looking to do similar look
don't know if I like 4x
Do you regret it? Wish you had more?

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
To be honest, I don't really overthink it. 4x is easy to hit a 8" plate at 100m/200m. I don't shoot much further than that with the 444.

That rifle mostly rides around unscoped in a saddle scabbard anyway.
nice looking rifle, I've got a Marlin 336 Lever I am looking to do similar look
don't know if I like 4x
Do you regret it? Wish you had more?

To be honest, I don't really overthink it. 4x is easy to hit a 8" plate at 100m/200m. I don't shoot much further than that with the 444.

That rifle mostly rides around unscoped in a saddle scabbard anyway.
No, yeah I get it, I dont really think i'll be shooting past 100 yds where I hunt (otherwise I will bring my 6.5CM).
The only time I wish I had more on my scope this past season when I hunted with my Marlin is when I had 1 tag for a buck left (4 or more on either side) and I was trying to count on my x9 setting in a bit of lower light conditions and I was 95% sure he was legal... he was. haha.

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
That's why binos were invented. Right took for the job etc.

But we all do what we can with what we have at the time. The real question is did you connect on that one?
No, yeah I get it, I dont really think i'll be shooting past 100 yds where I hunt (otherwise I will bring my 6.5CM).
The only time I wish I had more on my scope this past season when I hunted with my Marlin is when I had 1 tag for a buck left (4 or more on either side) and I was trying to count on my x9 setting in a bit of lower light conditions and I was 95% sure he was legal... he was. haha.

That's why binos were invented. Right took for the job etc.

But we all do what we can with what we have at the time. The real question is did you connect on that one?
haha correct, I'm still trying to collect all my hunting tools, I just started :)

But did I connect you ask? :) check out the profile pic :)

I shot a good size doe and a buck was following her (again, only 1 tag left for a buck, 4 or more on either side), so counting his rack and...no cigar, he was too young, had to let him walk. But...out of nowhere comes this more mature buck, comes up to the doe who is down... this is the guy, I was counting and was pretty sure he was legal, he looked like a good size buck. Squeezed a 30-30 round and he pretty much dropped where he was, this is the guy in the pic. Got a lot of good meat out of him.