Leupold VX-Freedom Scope Covers PLEASE HELP

Hey Guys,
I have spent far too long trying to debunk this issue i have ran into. I have a vx-freedom 4-12x40mm rifle scope. I don’t want to spend 100+ on flip up scope caps from Leupold but have found it absolutely impossible to size out any caps from other companies. Butler creeks are just slightly off for the eyepiece diameter and cannot find any fit guides for burris or vortex scopes. I’ve even brought my scope into stores with no avail. Any help would be very appreciated!

rayporter

WKR
i have wrapped electrical tape around the scope to get better fit and i have wrapped tape around the scope cover to shrink it a small amount for fit.

but the danged flip ups are always flipped when i dont want em flipped so i use a bikini mostly.

The Leupold Alumina covers are worth it IMHO. Sleek and lo profile and actually work well. I never once had one pop open unless I wanted it to.

Otherwise I run the Vortex defender caps and just run a zip tie around the rubber to lock them in place. I got tired of replacing the craptastic uncle mikes.

Brando

FNG
Second the tape if the cap is slightly too big.
A gentle application of heat can help stretch a cap that is slightly too small. I have had the best luck by soaking a too small cap in hot water for a minute or so, drying off as quickly as possible and pressing it on. Don’t use boiling water. Been there, ruined that.

The Vortex Defender caps will fit, measure your scope with a caliper and order the right size.

Having said that, the Leupold Alumina flip caps are so nice I literally still have two Leupold scopes just for the fact that I have the caps for them. I'd say just to buy them and be done.