Leupold Spotting Scopes?

Split toe

WKR
Anybody have any experience with a spotter from them? Looking at one of their higher ends, like the Santiam.

Napperm4

WKR
Never tried a Santiam in the field. Looked through one in the store and it was clear but that’s not a fair test.

I had an old 20x50 gold ring that was incredible until it broke. They replaced it with the Gold ring 15-30x50. That was the best spotter I have used in that size. I have a swaro now and still miss that little sucker for a pack scope.

Never been a fan of their binos, but all of my rifles wear leupold scopes. I think the spotters seems of equal quality to their high end rifle scope offerings.

Solely out of curiosity, is there any specific reason for the Leopold Santiam? There are a lot of options in that ball park price range. May want to give Doug a call.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I had the 12-40x60 GR HD and thought it was pretty sweet. I personally had the one with the reticle and didn’t care for that part specifically (cluttered a bit and sometimes hard to see In Focus) But the glass was good and the size/weight was awesome. Never looked through the santiam spotter but I wasn’t impressed with the BX-5 binos that share the same name (guessing similar glass).

Enel

FNG
I have one of the original 12-40 models. I has been used heavily over the past 20 years. No problems with image quality (bear in mind no reticle) or clarity. It has a lot of eye relief in such that none of my friends have ever complained of eye strain or inabilities to see targets. I only have $600 in mine and would have to replace it at new prices today. I cant speak for the reticle models except I wish I had one as well. Good luck