Let’s talk Broadheads!

Bgusty

FNG
I've shot the SB 125 standards for a few years now and I've been super impressed. I've got one head that has been through 4 deer and after a little time on the sharpener still looks brand new. Super easy to sharpen and they tune super easy for me.

How have the blood trails been? The other head I’m trying this year is the old German kinetic silver flame XXL. Like a 2” cut. That’s if i can get them to tune and fly well at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hedge Row

FNG
How have the blood trails been? The other head I’m trying this year is the old German kinetic silver flame XXL. Like a 2” cut. That’s if i can get them to tune and fly well at least.

I would say most of them have been pretty good. Blood is usually pretty sparse for the first 10 or so yards. Most of the time the deer don’t really react and run too wild, and I've never had one go more than 100 yards (knock on wood). Mainly comes down to shot placement like any other head.

I've tried all types. I just can't justify the ultra expensive broadheads. Where I hunt in Texas, every single broadhead I've shot winds up trashed after it goes through the deer. There's just too many rocks in the ground.

So, I'm going back to Swhackers. They have left great blood trails for me and I can replace the blades if the ferrule doesn't get trashed. When I get to go chase elk in the future, I will use something else.

SkyHunter

FNG
I've tried a bunch of different Rage heads, standard three blade Muzzy, QAD, the list goes on. Shooting the Evolution Jekyll (fixed blade) and Evolution Hyde (hybrid expandable) this year. In my testing they've both flown the same as field tips out to 80. You can replace blades in each and exchange blades using the same ferrule if you decide one works better than the other.

preach

FNG
Grim Reaper Micro Hades Pro 3-blade and G5 Deadmeat V2s. I might breakout some whitetail specials for does.

G5 striker v2 125gr. I have no idea if they're popular or "good", but they seem to be working for me. I generally have to do a slight sight adjustment but they tune the same as field points for me .