Let's see some Boyd's stocks!

I've got a bad itch for a nice wood stock for my Tikka T3. Richard's Microfit stocks seem nice if you put the time into it for fitting, finishing and cutting checkering, but Boyd's seem to be good to go out of the box, and I hear they've upped their game lately. You can even get decent grade maple stocks now...

I'd love to see some rifles set up in Boyd's stocks and hear of your experiences!

I've had a couple Boyd's prairie hunter stocks, and they're both functional. However, they don't mitigate recoil particularly well, and are much heavier than say the Stocky's VG or Rokstock. That being said, they are fairly reasonably priced, and quality has been good in my experience.

Attachments

• IMG_6030.jpeg
    IMG_6030.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 67

Kyguy

FNG
I've had a couple Boyd's prairie hunter stocks, and they're both functional. However, they don't mitigate recoil particularly well, and are much heavier than say the Stocky's VG or Rokstock. That being said, they are fairly reasonably priced, and quality has been good in my experience.
Is that Boyd's green texture paint finish or did you do that yourself? Look sweet either way.

SloppyJ

WKR
Before I built any of my more expensive rifles, I practiced on a Savage. This started life as a 6.5cm with a sporter barrel. It was cheaper for me to buy a new 20" take off .308 barrel that was threaded. I replaced the stock for the boyds and bedded the action. The stock took quite a bit of fitting to get right but it shoots some nice groups now.

1000001190.jpg

1000001269.jpg

OP
M
Here's one I did a number of years ago. The drop at heel is not good for this design, although it is pretty.

I'd like to get one of their curly maple sticks and do all the checkering and finishing.

I have the same day dream. I think I'd also want to adjust the curve of the profile ontop of the pistol grip - the wrist. It bugs me that it's concave like that.

Before I built any of my more expensive rifles, I practiced on a Savage. This started life as a 6.5cm with a sporter barrel. It was cheaper for me to buy a new 20" take off .308 barrel that was threaded. I replaced the stock for the boyds and bedded the action. The stock took quite a bit of fitting to get right but it shoots some nice groups now.

View attachment 762127

View attachment 762125
Which model is this? I bedded my prairie hunter as well, and I had them install pillars at the factory.

I believe that one is the pro varmint. I don't have anything negative to say about it other than the initial fit.
Roger that and thank you. I emailed them after the Rokstok came out asking if they had plans to introduce anything similar to this, Gunwerks, or alterra. They said they had no plans and the most comparable model is their pro varmint. They recommended getting it with the adjustable cheek piece as well.