83be68421c4c7ab1e9b938e12c4ac82b.jpg

41ee413d24d4e63e9cc25d6becbd546f.jpg

c41a645b15fecb11df8500f1a81295eb.jpg

7482a5004a3366c7a936f590faff7a0b.jpg

7a748c571d1a8e24c248e21904f1c341.jpg

db3ffdce1754853fdfa91088bd60c7e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful

^^^ I'll have whatever he's having thank you.:)
If memory serves...stuffed potato skins ready for heating in the oven of the small stove & pork chops with apple slices in the big skillet on the two-burner.

This set-up was for a javelina hunt ("Steenkin Peeg Hunt") that I had organized yearly for friends from around the country.

Here's the menu for the last SPH in 2000:

Menu for Y2K SPH
Feb. 15 - Arrival Tues.

Dinner - Veggie and shrimp appetizers, grilled NY steaks, baked potatoes, salad, veggies, wine & beer (my house)

Weds.
Breakfast - on the road in Globe
Lunch - Sandwiches &.....
Dinner - BBQ Spectacular- sliced beef, pulled pork and baby back ribs, corn-on-the-cob, potato salad, coleslaw, biscuits, dessert.

Thurs.
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with green chiles/cheese, breakfast steaks, hash browns, BB muffins
Lunch - Beef Barley Soup/sandwiches
Dinner - Salad, Ravioli, sausage and meatballs with eggplant parmigiana, Ital. garlic bread, dessert.

Fri.
Breakfast - Pancakes & Canadian bacon, muffins
Lunch - Chicken w/rice soup, hotdogs
Dinner - Stuffed potato skins, salad, roast beef/gravy, wide egg noodles, string beans/asparagus, biscuits, dessert.

Sat.
Breakfast - French toast, sliced sausage/bacon
Lunch - Turkey noodle soup, sandwiches
Dinner - Turkey breast/gravy, mashed sweet potatoes baked with marshmallows, reg. mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, biscuits

Sun.
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs w/ham & cheese, sliced ham, home fries, muffins
Lunch - Ham, Bean & Potato soup, sandwiches
Dinner - Mexican Fiesta -- Shrimp Vera Cruz, enchiladas, tamales, burritos, refried beans, rice, chips & salsa and flan. (my house)

All evening dinners will include the usual array of appetizers, such as my home-grown smoked salmon; pickled Mazatlan shrimp; deep-fried, breaded elk; hot chicken wings; chips/salsa; black/green olives; cheese/crackers; celery, carrots, summer sausage, chicken fingers, pepper poppers (breaded, whole green chilies stuffed with cheese), etc. etc.

Orange, grapefruit, apple and V8 juice for breakfasts, and an assortment of beer, red wine and the usual jug of Country Time lemonade in addition to the pop.

Desserts will include cakes, pies and pudding. There also will be plenty of chocolate chip cookies, candy bars and crackers for daytime snacks in the field.

If memory serves...stuffed potato skins ready for heating in the oven of the small stove & pork chops with apple slices in the big skillet on the two-burner.

This set-up was for a javelina hunt ("Steenkin Peeg Hunt") that I had organized yearly for friends from around the country.

Here's the menu for the last SPH in 2000:

Menu for Y2K SPH
Feb. 15 - Arrival Tues.

Dinner - Veggie and shrimp appetizers, grilled NY steaks, baked potatoes, salad, veggies, wine & beer (my house)

Weds.
Breakfast - on the road in Globe
Lunch - Sandwiches &.....
Dinner - BBQ Spectacular- sliced beef, pulled pork and baby back ribs, corn-on-the-cob, potato salad, coleslaw, biscuits, dessert.

Thurs.
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with green chiles/cheese, breakfast steaks, hash browns, BB muffins
Lunch - Beef Barley Soup/sandwiches
Dinner - Salad, Ravioli, sausage and meatballs with eggplant parmigiana, Ital. garlic bread, dessert.

Fri.
Breakfast - Pancakes & Canadian bacon, muffins
Lunch - Chicken w/rice soup, hotdogs
Dinner - Stuffed potato skins, salad, roast beef/gravy, wide egg noodles, string beans/asparagus, biscuits, dessert.

Sat.
Breakfast - French toast, sliced sausage/bacon
Lunch - Turkey noodle soup, sandwiches
Dinner - Turkey breast/gravy, mashed sweet potatoes baked with marshmallows, reg. mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, biscuits

Sun.
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs w/ham & cheese, sliced ham, home fries, muffins
Lunch - Ham, Bean & Potato soup, sandwiches
Dinner - Mexican Fiesta -- Shrimp Vera Cruz, enchiladas, tamales, burritos, refried beans, rice, chips & salsa and flan. (my house)

All evening dinners will include the usual array of appetizers, such as my home-grown smoked salmon; pickled Mazatlan shrimp; deep-fried, breaded elk; hot chicken wings; chips/salsa; black/green olives; cheese/crackers; celery, carrots, summer sausage, chicken fingers, pepper poppers (breaded, whole green chilies stuffed with cheese), etc. etc.

Orange, grapefruit, apple and V8 juice for breakfasts, and an assortment of beer, red wine and the usual jug of Country Time lemonade in addition to the pop.

Desserts will include cakes, pies and pudding. There also will be plenty of chocolate chip cookies, candy bars and crackers for daytime snacks in the field.

Sounds good! So, what are the dates and where are we meeting this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice setup, can only imagine how many crinkle cut fries that oven has crisped up over the years!
Note the deep fryer at the lower left in the 1st photo. ;) I bought the RV stove used & made the housing with handles for it out of plywood. The legs are 3/4" copper pipe that unscrew for packing. Table also has copper legs & comes apart in 3 pieces.

A few more:

chriskch.jpg

SPHCAMP3.JPG

SPHCAMP9.JPG

SPHCAMP5.JPG

SPHCAMP7.JPG

Last edited:

AKDoc

WKR
Getting back to camp at last light and looking forward to a warm meal and a few sips of Irish...even the last Mountain House dinner tasted good with that view! Grizzly hunt drop-camp several years ago in western Alaska...
IMG_0189.2.jpg

Last edited: