Leofoto Tripods compared to RSS

billp0806

FNG
Considering the Leofoto ST-X for use with spotting scope and/or rifle. Comparable to RRS?

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Leofoo is a china knock off vs USA made
I guess that’s not really the question he’s asking though.

I own leofotos new inverted tripod and I love it. I have tried the RRS ones and I would say they are slightly better. But imo they are no where near triple the price better.

and.kimbo

FNG
I guess that’s not really the question he’s asking though.

I own leofotos new inverted tripod and I love it. I have tried the RRS ones and I would say they are slightly better. But imo they are no where near triple the price better.
For something that is lighter, more rigid, and better built, triple the price is justifiable. Think guns or optics. If you don't have one and getting one is priority, that is a different story.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
For something that is lighter, more rigid, and better built, triple the price is justifiable. Think guns or optics. If you don't have one and getting one is priority, that is a different story.
I’ve killed over 20 animals this year off a tripod. The RRS is not triple as good.

But hey. That’s just my opinion man.

NeedleCrook

Lil-Rokslider
Part of the reason RRS is so much more is 1) they are made is the USA, it cost them more to make their tripods, material costs are more, it cost them more to pay their employees, and everything that goes with that. 2) Leofoto rips off everything RRS makes. RRS innovates and They steal their designs and undercut them at a lower cost. They don’t do it as well- RRS is still better, but still it’s a lot cheaper.

I get it, times are hard and there’s a lot of stuff we need/want to get to make this whole thing easier, funner, more enjoyable. And yes I have 1 of each. But man at the end of the day- Chinese and other based companies undercut US companies, drive away their business till they are out of business. We need to support US based companies when we can or there won’t be any left.

Ok off my soapbox.

Yes, Leofotos are pretty good and im
Sure you’ll be happy with it

Last edited:

Hunt4lyfe

FNG
LFs are pretty good. I have one and i also have a RRS. The RRS is kinda heavy but it is bigger and more stable. The LF is lighter so i tend to carry that around more. I've shot a buck last year off the LF at 320 yards and 1 this year at 630. Its better than not having anything at all. Where i hunt some areas are impossible to go prone. 20240901_015834.jpg