Lems Outlander Waterproof - Experiences

nobody

WKR
After fighting foot pain, plantar fasciitis, and knee issues my whole young 30-year life, I’m taking the proverbial leap into the “barefoot” footwear world. After just a short time I’m already feeling a huge improvement, so there’s no turning back now!

With that said, I’ve got a pair of Vivobarefoot Tracker 2’s that fit and feel like a dream, but I’m looking for a second pair of something else for the mountains. My searching has narrowed me down to the Lem’s Outlander Waterproof. It seems to check all the boxes I’m looking for.

Before taking the proverbial leap, jumping in with both feet, [insert other foot related puns here], does anybody have any experience, good or bad, with these boots?

Also, if anybody has any other recommendations as a “secondary” boot for me to rotate with my Vivo Trackers, please please PLEASE let me know! I’m all ears! Waterproof, leather (if possible), zero drop, barefoot toe box profile, and some ankle support are all on my list. Thanks everybody, happy memorial weekend!

ledflight

WKR
I would also love to hear experiences with the Outlanders.
I do mostly minimal shoes year round but am not 100% ready to grab a Vivobarefoot for the hills yet.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I don’t have the Outlanders but I do have the waterproof Boulder boot. They are not made nearly as well as the VivoBarefoots. They aren’t bad, but honestly they are not super high quality. I’ve beat the hell out of them though and they haven’t failed yet. The soles are glued not stitched, and the sole on the Boulders is SLICK in wet conditions or where there is sandy stuff on top of rock. They can be down right dangerous in some mountain conditions. Looks like the Outlanders have a litttle more aggressive sole though.
Honestly, if you already have Tracker 2’s, what niche were you expecting these to fill? I think the Lems are better suited for wearing around town, not for serious mountain hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the Lems boulder boot and the boulder summit. The post above is very accurate in my experience. Really really comfortable but not the highest quality boot out there. The boulder boot has zero traction in wet conditions. I wear the Boulder summit to work and they look to have to same grip as the outlander. It is definitely an improvement in terms of grip but still isn't comparable to a vibram sole. I would wear them in the mountains if I knew the conditions weren't going to be very steep or slick. I like them enough that will most likely get another pair for work after I wear this one out.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I’m just looking for a backup basically to back up my trackers.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with the Outlander boot, but I do have the Primal Pursuit Mid. I used it last year for hunting elk in October and November and really liked the boot. I’m going to order the Primal Pursuit for backpacking this summer.
I would suggest ordering 1/2 size up on many of there shoes and boots.

dtrkyman

WKR
Interesting boots, how are they on rocks? Can you feel them through the soles?

Seeknelk

WKR
I'd be interested in weather the outlander is any higher quality than the boulder or simply has traction at all. The boulder boot I managed to use for a year on commercial plumbing jobs only by applying shoe guu constantly. These weren't real rough conditions, just some dirt for underslab work and then concrete and plywood and ladders. Seams are very poorly stitched. I know these aren't made for this type of work and use but I was just seeing how theyd do. Any side stress blows the seams out so if they had any traction theyd be destroyed sooner sidehilling etc.
But I will say , they made my days better just by seeing them in the morning, they were that comfortable.

ledflight

WKR
I am boot hunting for this fall still. The outlander looks to have deeper traction than the boulder.
Screenshot_2023-02-09_at_9.19.34_AM_2048x2048.png