Leica Geovid Pro

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, keep the info coming as you have more time!
Will do for sure. I can't wait to test out the AB and GPS features once we get one in. One thing I have been thinking about is the lower ranging distance on this pro. While it might not be a big deal, I can see the extra range being helpful when ranging to place waypoints. Often times when im ranging to gauge distance for travel time, it seems to be around 2700-3000 yards for whatever reason. So having short ranging performance (in my use case) might not be as good.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wow I’m still really thinking about the 3200. I was in your store on Monday, came from Nd for skiing in Bigsky. We stopped at Bobwards and Toby I think his name was, the Leica rep, he had the geovid pros with him, let me play with them in the store, and the noctivids also. Now in the store I couldn’t see a lot of difference between the two I know the artificial lite makes almost anything look good. I’m just really wondering with spending 2800 or so if I will be disappointed with the weaker range finder and the 32 objective in low light. I coyote hunt a lot and that’s why I like the range finding binos, spot the game and get a range instantly, and now also get your dope right in the bino. I currently have cheap binos and a don’t really use them, just use my Leica 2400r as a mono because it gives as good or better performance then cheap binos.

Yeah, with some of the prices of the 3200.com only being around 2100-2400(classifieds here), its going to be a real dilemma.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Awesome video. Thanks @Schnee's

Your video makes me hopeful that my guy was right on these 32s...the low light performance is just about all there, at least for 98% of needs. Same with the ranging capabilties.

So unless you need to range and see at the very edges of whats needed for hunting, it sounds like these will be the do it all RF Bin on the market. And the size really makes a difference, IMO. I'll be sticking these in a small marsupial bino harness.

Looking forward to more photos and video!

The GPS mapping feature sounds awesome. Cant wait to try it in the field.

bpurtz

WKR
Wow I’m still really thinking about the 3200. I was in your store on Monday, came from Nd for skiing in Bigsky. We stopped at Bobwards and Toby I think his name was, the Leica rep, he had the geovid pros with him, let me play with them in the store, and the noctivids also. Now in the store I couldn’t see a lot of difference between the two I know the artificial lite makes almost anything look good. I’m just really wondering with spending 2800 or so if I will be disappointed with the weaker range finder and the 32 objective in low light. I coyote hunt a lot and that’s why I like the range finding binos, spot the game and get a range instantly, and now also get your dope right in the bino. I currently have cheap binos and a don’t really use them, just use my Leica 2400r as a mono because it gives as good or better performance then cheap binos.
I think you would be really happy with the 3200.com for any rifle hunting - if you plan on any bowhunting then the Geovid Pro x32 would likely be a good choice...

what size is that aziak gizmo for this geovid pro?

following this one

I'm a Leica hoe, been running the ultravid hd 10x32's and crf-1600 combo for a long long time, prairies to mountain tops, bow or rifle, not much can match it for size & weight, about 27 oz total, this geovid pro adds a few ounces but cuts down on the size package so more than an even trade off, and the ability to use that rangefinder and app to stalk, and or navigate, in the mountains would be next level with added bonus for recovery situations, I may finally have to open the wallet for an optics upgrade with this one

I had a first gen geovid and optically can't come close to ultravid hd's but sounds like they have narrowed that gap considerably, will be interesting to put my benchmark ultravid hd's up against this new geovid on tripods and pull apart a mountain side and see if they are comparable

Last edited:
OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
what size is that aziak gizmo for this geovid pro?

following this one

I'm a Leica hoe, been running the ultravid hd 10x32's and crf-1600 combo for a long long time, prairies to mountain tops, bow or rifle, not much can match it for size & weight, about 27 oz total, this geovid pro adds a few ounces but cuts down on the size package so more than an even trade off, and the ability to use that rangefinder and app to stalk, and or navigate, in the mountains would be next level with added bonus for recovery situations, I may finally have to open the wallet for an optics upgrade with this one

I had a first gen geovid and optically can't come close to ultravid hd's but sounds like they have narrowed that gap considerably, will be interesting to put my benchmark ultravid hd's up against this new geovid on tripods and pull apart a mountain side and see if they are comparable

it was a #2

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any updates on the Leica geo vid pros?

I've been using them quite a bit. Shot 2 matches with them now, comparing them next to my KILO10K's and the corrections have been dead on. My only gripe with them is the user interface when changing things like wind speed and direction. On the Kilos, it's much faster and easier to do. Takes practice and a bit more time on the Leica's. Other than that, they've been very good so far. One thing I have not used is the GPS/pin functionality. Just haven't needed to yet. That will change with scouting season.. - Matt

zr600

FNG
Have you ever used the vortex fury? If so how are they vs the sig, or the Nikon and Leica. I know the Leica will have better glass. Just like to hear about all the options.

OP
S

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you ever used the vortex fury? If so how are they vs the sig, or the Nikon and Leica. I know the Leica will have better glass. Just like to hear about all the options.

Yes, used a fury a few times. Wasn't a fan of them. They work fine, but the blue tint seemed worse to my eyes and after using the KILO, it would be tough to go with something else. To put it simply, I feel that the KILO's are the best rangefinder/Ballistic computer at the moment, if you are shooting matches as well. The rangefinder is so fast and the corrections displayed instantly. The corrections have also been dead on, every single time. My confidence in them is very high. The display is fantastic. They can store multiple profiles and switch between them easily and you can adjust the wind speed quickly and easily. (Excellent UI) Plus they connect to a weather flow, but that has been buggy so far. I flat out love the 10k's and you are starting to see a lot of them at matches now, for good reason.

Having said all that, if I was buying one rangefinder primarily for hunting, but wanted to go shoot an occasional match, the Geovid Pro would be my pick. The glass quality is exceptional and I will always go with the best glass when hunting.