Leica Ballistics App now supports .COM products

mthayr

WKR
FWIW Leica released 2.0.0 of their Ballistics app last week (Apple App Store). I successfully paired my 2800.COM to the "Ballistics" app, and with that, the AB Ultralight database. The app does not support Pro Track (sending range to mapping app) or upgrades to AB Sportsman/Elite. Here's hoping for a 8/10x42 Geovid Pro...

Reactions: ZDR

Wrench

WKR
I have a pair of 3200.coms hitting the porch tomorrow. Can you save me any time with a crash course?

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any chance to dick with it so I'll find out on my own eventually, but does this make the .com bino a stand alone unit with the profile loaded from the phone? Or does it need to be paired to work?

OP
mthayr

mthayr

WKR
I haven't had any chance to dick with it so I'll find out on my own eventually, but does this make the .com bino a stand alone unit with the profile loaded from the phone? Or does it need to be paired to work?
Profiles are uploaded to the device and a bluetooth connection is not required in the field.

zr600

FNG
How do you update the ap? My ap is 1.5.14. What do I gain with the update? I have loaded my ballistics into my 3200.com binos with this current versions.

bigbuckdj

WKR
How do you update the ap? My ap is 1.5.14. What do I gain with the update? I have loaded my ballistics into my 3200.com binos with this current versions.
You are using the Leica hunting app, Leica ballistics is a different app. I just started jacking with it today, I’ll share if I find anything cool.

bigbuckdj

WKR
Man I was really hoping to figure out a way to make the EHR display first. I sent some emails. If this thing could do that, it would be the perfect rf for me.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I got excited that the pro track was going to work with my 2800.com. I put the new app in and was disappointed to see that would not be the case. Not enough for me to go away from my stand alone rangefinder.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had some time playing with this? I'm getting differences between the results my binoculars (hdb 3200.com) give me and my Applied Ballistics app does. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow, but I have double checked the inputs are the same a couple time now.

Has anyone had some time playing with this? I'm getting differences between the results my binoculars (hdb 3200.com) give me and my Applied Ballistics app does. I'll mess with it some more tomorrow, but I have double checked the inputs are the same a couple time now.
Did you get to the bottom of this? I haven’t updated my app yet and have been happy with the results for the most part of the standard ballistic app for my 8x56’s so I’m leery to change anything.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Did you get to the bottom of this? I haven’t updated my app yet and have been happy with the results for the most part of the standard ballistic app for my 8x56’s so I’m leery to change anything.
I wasn't. I double checked my input and the binos were telling me a consistent .2 mils more elevation that the AB app on my phone from 300 to 900 yds or so. Point em at something 100 yds away and the correction would read zero. I'll play with it some more this weekend. Hopefully I can figure out what the issue is.

Right on. I have a new build I just picked up and have to do a bunch of load development so I’ll be checking it out as well to make sure everything lines up and is consistent prior to the upcoming season.

Played around with it a bit using my 2800.com

Much easier to generate a good curve compared to the hunting app. More intuitive.

Cannot figure out how to make it give me a wind hold. Was hoping this version would allow for a standard 10mph wind hold to be displayed or something similar..not the case.

Curves are lining up well with my data and at the range in a different altitude the data was true out to 1000 with my main rifle. It took a little more trueing to get there with the old app.

IMO it’s an upgrade, not a massive one.

I'm considering purchasing a 2800.com for general purpose hunting and dabbling in long range, to 1000-1200. I was playing around with the Leica ballistics app, and noticed it will only let you set 100, 200, or 300 as your sight-in range. I have 2 rifles that are sighted in at 175 and 220 yards to get drop reticles to line up mighty close with known bullet drop. Is there any way to input a custom zero distance? I understand that's not ideal for true long range, but it makes fast work of moose sized targets out to 500, and is plenty good enough. I also know I can ignore the ballistic solution and just shoot to the yardage ranged, but I have a mil reticle on one of them, and would like to have those match up.
I also noticed that the Leica hunting app is not available on the play sure any more. I assume the ballistics app has replaced it?