Leica amplus 6 3-18x44

kipper09

WKR
I was cruising the web a little this morning and ran across the amplus 6 once again. I have looked at this scope on several occasions but it had a really cluttered reticle and just couldn’t get by it. I see that they are making it in a mil version with a clean reticle. Anybody seen one yet? I have thought this scope looks ideal for my usage and probably a lot of folks here. Would love to hear some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldor

WKR
Have'nt seen one yet, but try Euro optics they usually have some Leica's on sale.

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
The specs on this scope are about ideal. Going away from the tree reticle to a plex I may give one a try.. it Is on Leica website but not available quite yet I’m guessing. Would like to see this one in a form drop test….

kkp005

WKR
Following.. I’m really interested in one also. Just anxious to see how they actually hold zero

Interested in this one as well. I like my Credo HX, but I would prefer a more simple reticle with a single illuminated dot. The Amplus looks promising.

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Following.. I’m really interested in one also. Just anxious to see how they actually hold zero

b6863b3d4cb5904e13973d126e29c6f3.jpg

Took boat bumps, truck bumps, rainy weather. 350 yard shot and it got it done

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
b6863b3d4cb5904e13973d126e29c6f3.jpg

Took boat bumps, truck bumps, rainy weather. 350 yard shot and it got it done

Awesome adventure it looks like. I would really like to try this scope. Would also really like form to test it. It really checks a ton of boxes for me. And I’m sure quite a few others

gearhead7

FNG
Have heard mixed reactions about the Leica turrets - would be interested to hear how the new model preforms.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
Mine arrived yesterday. Excited to get out to the range.
I love my 2.5-15x50. It’s my current favorite of all the scopes I own. If your experience with the 44 is like mine with the 50, you’re going to love it, especially if you managed to score a deal on the price.

I also have been running the 2.5-15x50 this season. I like it. Good tracking and return to zero and the glass is better to my eye than my VX-5. Got mine on sale at EuroOptic and very pleased.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
I also have been running the 2.5-15x50 this season. I like it. Good tracking and return to zero and the glass is better to my eye than my VX-5. Got mine on sale at EuroOptic and very pleased.
Same. I picked up a Zeiss V6 3-18x50 recently and to my eye, it beats the Leica in brightness by a hair, but the Leica has better color rendition and for me, it’s easier to focus. I’m still kicking myself I didn’t buy 4 when they were on closeout.

ToolMann

WKR
I love my 2.5-15x50. It’s my current favorite of all the scopes I own. If your experience with the 44 is like mine with the 50, you’re going to love it, especially if you managed to score a deal on the price.
I went with the 3-18X44 with the L-4W MOA reticle. One could say I scored a "deal". Nothing too crazy, I'm just in a few government/pro programs because of my line of work. A couple hundred off retail. I sold my SHV 3-10. I liked that scope too but the reticle didn't do it for me. Will finish mounting it this morning and hopefully be shooting on Sunday. Always fun to play with new toys.

Dwest

FNG
I have this scope in 2.5-15x50 L4w reticle. Short summary. It’s what Leica describes as their entry into the premium line. It’s on the heavy side (( ounces matter to me) , the optics have good edge sharpness and color rendition.Low light performance is to me very similar to my Leupold VX-6 3-18x50. Leupold beats it just a bit. Illumination is decent. You can find these scopes considerably less than their MSRP. And if you can get one for a bargain you will be okay.