Lefties Unite, Generous Member Donates a Mathews VXR

If not too late I'd like to throw my name in the hat for the bow. My wife came from a non-hunting family and has started taking interest in hunting with me. This would be a great step up to a serious hunting bow for her. She is a lefty, so all my extra gear is wrong handed for her :)
Thanks for the opportunity and also, no matter what this is a super generous donation. Pretty cool gesture!

Hello everybody,

I am just beyond overwhelmed at the amount of entries that have come in and the positive feedback this community has given towards this. It is super cool to see God working on the hearts of many people in this community which i love so much!

I am going to be praying about my final decision which I will announce to this thread next Friday (5/6/22). If there are any last minute entries between now and then, those will receive consideration as well. The winner will also receive a PM from me working out the logistics of shipping this to you. Shipping will be covered, so no worries on fronting that.

I hope everybody has a safe and fun weekend in the woods, great time to be out and scouting mule deer migration patterns or chasing black bears. Have a blessed weekend :)!

Hello,

Yes i just had a new baby delivered a couple weeks ago and it has been busy! My apologies for not posting this to the thread, we did have a winner! The winner is @Jimbob .........there is a student of his that he put in for the bow and i am extremely excited that a kid without the means to buy a new is now going to have something he can use for a long time.

It was an extremely difficult decision glossing over all the entries and deciding which one was going to be the lucky winner. It took quite a bit of prayer and i ultimately had peace about the one that was chosen. Thank you to everybody who entered, i wish i had a bow to give to all of you!

Good luck to everybody's hunting season, remember the God that we serve is good and righteous and just. He is coming back very soon and we all need to about our father and creator's business when he returns. God bless you everybody, happy hunting!!!

I can definitely see how that looked not posting the winner longer than i had said, i apologize to anybody if that gave them pause for concern about the legitimacy of what we were doing. I can assure you the winner was vetted well and one was chosen, i should be receiving a video of them winning the bow soon and when i get that i will post to this thread. Thank you again everybody and especially @robby denning for all your help and efforts on this. There is a very very very happy kid thanks to your help!

I can definitely see how that looked not posting the winner longer than i had said, i apologize to anybody if that gave them pause for concern about the legitimacy of what we were doing. I can assure you the winner was vetted well and one was chosen, i should be receiving a video of them winning the bow soon and when i get that i will post to this thread. Thank you again everybody and especially @robby denning for all your help and efforts on this. There is a very very very happy kid thanks to your help!
OK, this all makes sense now. Sorry for our panic. But when nothing was posted on here we just assumed…. Thank you Isaac! Looking forward to that video. … And God bless you too!

Hello,

Yes i just had a new baby delivered a couple weeks ago and it has been busy! My apologies for not posting this to the thread, we did have a winner! The winner is @Jimbob .........there is a student of his that he put in for the bow and i am extremely excited that a kid without the means to buy a new is now going to have something he can use for a long time.

It was an extremely difficult decision glossing over all the entries and deciding which one was going to be the lucky winner. It took quite a bit of prayer and i ultimately had peace about the one that was chosen. Thank you to everybody who entered, i wish i had a bow to give to all of you!

Good luck to everybody's hunting season, remember the God that we serve is good and righteous and just. He is coming back very soon and we all need to about our father and creator's business when he returns. God bless you everybody, happy hunting!!!
Congrats on your new baby! The absolute best hunting adventures in my life were the hunts with my boys!

Thank you so much @bpurtz , i have 2 boys right now that are pretty little still but are already into it and this third one is a girl! So different but so cool, cant wait to be out in the woods with all three of them!

Hey Everyone,

I nominated my Student Caleb for this giveaway. In my 13 years of teaching, I have never met another student who has displayed the high level of character traits that Caleb has. I feel blessed to teach and coach him and I am thankful to God that he is friends with my son. He's the kind of kid that tears apart old dirt bikes to get them working for his friends, builds homemade forge and brings homemade knives to school, doesn't have a clue how to play basketball but goes out there like a whirlwind and gives it everything he's got. Most importantly he tried every day to honour God with the way he treats people, he cares for others and goes out of his way to make them feel better. I really can't say enough good things about this kid.

So Caleb's parents received the bow just this past Friday evening and they bright it over to my place and we were able to give it to Caleb. He was blown away that this guy in Idaho wanted to give his bow away. Caleb is so excited to learn his new bow and start hunting with it. This young man is beyond deserving of this and big praise to @Isaac_Skelton34 for listening to God's guidance. A new archer was born from this. Hopefully, in the years to come, we'll have some archery hunting pics of Caleb.
22c45fc10ef969f2dd408cb419edb52d.jpg

7a68382510486ef424a2106aa9fa9c5c.jpg

This is the Christmas present I received from Caleb this year. Deer jerky inside.
175bdc17044480b79e35b7411edf07d0.jpg

Last edited:
Back