Left Handed Youth Rifle

MattB

WKR
I am going to buy my daughter a bolt action .22 rifle for her 10th birthday and have not been able to identify many options. At this point I am honing in on the Savage Mark II GLY, but I would welcome any advice on other makes/models I should be looking at. Thanks

howl

WKR
I am going to buy my daughter a bolt action .22 rifle for her 10th birthday and have not been able to identify many options. At this point I am honing in on the Savage Mark II GLY, but I would welcome any advice on other makes/models I should be looking at. Thanks

I've had a couple of the Mark II GL. The first one was replaced by Savage. The second functioned better, but it was still a piece. Google up a picture of the action while out of the stock.

I would be more inclined to just get a youth stock for a Browning T-Bolt or CZ 452. The Browning is a light gun to begin with and the magazines are excellent. So, I recommend the Browning. You'll probably want to swap in a lighter trigger spring down the road, but starting out a not-so-light trigger isn't all bad. Either gun will drive tacks with standard velocity ammo.

My experience with getting together a collection of LH bolt actions for my use is that I'd rather just have ambidextrous guns. Which isn't to say that I do not have and use LH bolt actions. I do because that is what I am used to and prefer for most hunting. I am just saying if I had realized in the beginning that ambidextrous is the obvious path forward, that would probably have been a better way to go.

We have both LH and RH in our brood. They all started shooting with .22lr ARs.

Grumman

WKR
I struggled to find a quality left hand bolt 22 we liked and fit him well. So the boy shoots a Henry lever action and an AR 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxtavixx

Lil-Rokslider
I have the savage mk ii in lefty and love it, all my right handed friends are buying the mk ii now because it outshoots all their expensive rigs