Lead Contamination Great Lakes

Rmauch20

WKR
Hey now this is Rokslide, we all have to stick together remember. There’s no way to prove that those weights and fish fillets did not get in there naturally. Until there is an indisputable evidence that those fish did not eat them before the tournaments started we have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
And furthermore how dare you call them out.

It's tough for me to just accept gov't bs. In the late 80's or early 90s a fish study don on Couer d'Alene lake tested eatable size fish and it showed high lead levels in skin and guts but not in the meat. Before and since then the tests are run on minnows run through a blender so you can't localize the problem let alone identify the cause.

dtrkyman

WKR
Was wondering why this hasn't popped up on here yet?

How they thought nobody would notice 4lb walleye weighing 7 plus is beyond me!

The youtube video that shows what went down is pretty nuts. I was pretty certain the other participants were going to shove those lead balls down their throats.

go_deep

WKR
Read an article the guys who were caught cheating have been on a bit of a winning streak for a few weeks too...

Afhunter1

WKR
I fish Erie a good bit. It is a remarkable fishery. You have a legit chance at a 10# walleye every trip. Some places that’s a once in a lifetime size fish. I’ve only ever caught the unleaded version so I must not be fishing in the right spots for those ones.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
My cousin was sitting near the top of the leaderboard for this. These guys have been winning just about everything for over year. Total was well into 6 figures.
The suspicion was getting pretty intense and the felony charges will be coming soon.

the felony charges will be coming soon.
For what? Unless someone has hard proof that they cheated while winning the other money, the justice system doesn't charge on speculation. And no money was ever awarded to them during this tournament so what can they be charged with? Serious question, I'm not defending these trash humans. I just don't see charges anywhere here. They were essentially playing a game and got caught cheating; it's like corking a bat during a softball tournament as far as I'm concerned. People are calling for them to have their fishing licenses removed for life. Again, what's the game violation to justify that? Maybe there is something specific to their state.

dtrkyman

WKR
Game violation would be wanton waste, were they going to eat those fillets they stuffed inside those fish?

One of them failed a polygraph at another tournament, they protested it so maybe some charges from that?

Proving they cheated in previous tournaments is not likely possible.

Travis907

WKR
I have a few tournaments buddies at Lake Erie and they told me these guys have won almost $400,000 including boats on their “hot streak”. Same guy failed a lie detector test last year in a tournament! When there’s that kind of $ involved their are always cheaters! Glad they got caught! They are more famous now than ever!