Late season doe hunt

Piercision Rifles

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Well after a late start yesterday I managed to get out and smack a doe. I loaded the trailer up and put the snowmobile on and strapped it down. Only to realize the tires were flat as I was pulling out of the driveway. Pull it back in and unload everything. Got over to the farm at 2pm after more stuff not going as planned. Saw a few pheasants that were searching for food in the mid calf-knee deep snow. Ill be throwing a few hundred lbs of feed out for em when I go back in a day or so. I headed down along the fenceline to overlook a ravine where I know a bunch of deer bed and feed. I found some right away at 300 yds. I sat down and threw my suppressed 300 wsm and 215 bergers onto the Spartan Precision tripod with Really Right Stuff SOAR head on it. They had no idea I was there but they were working towards the thick stuff that I wouldn't be able to shoot into. Found a big fat doe broadside in the open and came up a mil. Sent the shot and saw it was a good hit. The does scattered and stopped about 75 yds on the edge of some thick stuff. I sat and watched em for quite a bit as they bedded down. Was thinking about whacking a few more but then realized I didn't have my snowmobile with me to haul em out quick. I saw a nice 8 pt across the ravine as well at 300 yds. Decided to pack up and get a start on the doe since I had to pack her out of the bowl/ravine she was in and trudge through the deep snow field. Managed to get all 4 quarters, backstraps and head into my pack and got her back to the truck in one trip. Was definitely a heavy load but a great workout. Ill be using my other packs for the next packout. Either the Kuiu or Kifaru. Got some great meat for a family and an afternoon out of the shop. Was a great day. Got back home in time to spend a few with Clayton and then put him to bed.

www.piercisionrifles.com

Pile of parts are on the shelf to take to your builder of choice.

wsm doe pic 1.jpgdoe pic 2.jpgdoe pic 3.jpgblood trail.jpg

Last edited: