Large washer behind muzzle break- Poor Man's Witt Machine

Darg

FNG
Has anyone used a large washer behind the muzzle break to redirect the sound away from the shooter. I'm thinking like the Witt machine without the cylinder. I am just thinking about the pure "will it work"?, not concerned about the scope view, locking on the barrel or thousands of other technicalities.

Check out the KAK blast can, if you want something more affordable then the Witt

But don't kid yourself its not even close to hearing safe.

Kimmo H

FNG
I had a similiar idea a while ago, but instead of a huge washer, I made a shroud over the brake, that had a hole larger than the brakes OD, redirecting the blast away from the shooter. The enclosed brake was a self made straight port brake that I normally use without the shroud on topm.
It sort of worked, but what you gain with less noise, you lose in recoil reduction. Not really worth it imo, but it was still a fun experiment to do.

OP
Darg

Darg

FNG
I had a similiar idea a while ago, but instead of a huge washer, I made a shroud over the brake, that had a hole larger than the brakes OD, redirecting the blast away from the shooter. The enclosed brake was a self made straight port brake that I normally use without the shroud on topm.
It sort of worked, but what you gain with less noise, you lose in recoil reduction. Not really worth it imo, but it was still a fun experiment to do.
Thanks for sharing.