Lapponia and Altitude?

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at getting a pair of light weight boots with decent ankle support. I ramble a lot when it’s not hunting season here in Virginia and always have some sort of hiking boot on. I currently wear some meindl comfort fit hikers when I hunt and have some Lowa renegades I wear to work/ramble. I love my Meindl’s but they are sort of heavy. My Lowa’s are great but want a little bit more support?
I had kind of talked myself into the lapponias but just watched a video where it was said their tread was not as deep as the altitudes? I am bad about dragging the rear of my heal and wearing out the corner. Kind of worries me about premature sole wear.
This kind of points me towards the altitude. Just wondering who has run both and what are your pros/cons on them. I don’t want an insulated boot. Not super cold here in Va and will be wearing these in the summer working out on the land. Also might wear these out and about.
I had thought about the attivas but kind of thought they would be like what I already have in the Lowa’s. Also, who has the best deal on crispis or is there some sort of sale coming up? Thanks in advance and sorry so long winded. Jesse

It’ll depend on your feet too. The lapponia have quite a bit wider toe box than the altitude. The altitude in my opinion is more of a technical low volume fit. The lapponia has a super soft sole whereas the altitude has a good vibram sole on it. I think you’d be happy with the lapponia in Virginia. Super comfy boot with some good support. It’s not a boot for rocky nasty terrain though. Mine are pretty much wore out after a year. I used them on lots of rock and nasty stuff though which they are not made for. The lapponia will probably be a bit more waterproof too being it has more leather than synthetic. But if you have wider feet definitely go with the lapponia in my opinion

I've run both quite a bit. The lapponia has the typical Crispi "fit" that IMO has made Crispi so popular. I like the altitude but they aren't my favorite. The altitude run too tight through the foot and toe box to be comfortable for all day wear.

I've been looking at the Schnees Kestrel as well, havent tried them, but they seem like a blend between the lapponia and altitude.