Ladder Stand Pick

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve read through a few threads on ladder stands but don’t feel like I’ve seen any recent good advice on this.

I have a Lone Wolf Alfa 2 with sticks but was thinking about getting something that has a rest for rifle hunting. I don’t think a climber is going to fit the bill because of the trees where I want to put the stand.

I was eyeing the Lockdown stands from Rivers Edge. They have the wide and 2-person in 17’ or 21’.

Any thoughts on those stands or are there others I should check out? Should I get a 2 person for more room? Appreciate any comments!

highcj5

Lil-Rokslider
The older I get, the more I like ladder stands. Easier to put up. The stands you mention look really nice and look to have good shooting rails. Tall stands have their place. If the deer aren’t heavily pressured or it’s pretty flat and not real thick. I think 17 would be the way to go. Let us know how they are if you decide to get 1.

OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
Much appreciated for the info! I think I’m sold on the 17’ 2-person.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Just put up a couple Xstand The Duke. Really nice and stable stand, easy and safe to set up, and right around 20’ to the shooting rail. I would not hesitate to buy another.

OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
Just put up a couple Xstand The Duke. Really nice and stable stand, easy and safe to set up, and right around 20’ to the shooting rail. I would not hesitate to buy another.
Nice! I’ll definitely check it out.

Jaker_cc

WKR
I just picked up a hawk big Denali 2 man. It’s a PITA to put together, but it’s the most comfortable stand I own by a lot. Don’t expect much from their customer service, but the stand itself is great.

OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a hawk big Denali 2 man. It’s a PITA to put together, but it’s the most comfortable stand I own by a lot. Don’t expect much from their customer service, but the stand itself is great.
Man…doubtful I’ll need customer service, but I definitely don’t love hearing that. I do have some hawk sticks that I’ve had no complaints with though.

ETX-Tyler

FNG
I have a couple millennium 2 man ladders on our property, they are pretty easy to set/transport. I would imagine that the one man ladders are solid too.

OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I went ahead and ordered the Rivers Edge lockdown 2 person in 17'. The reviews all seem stellar. Will update once I receive it and set it up.

WCB

WKR
looks lie you already ordered your stand...I would have gone with a Millennium M150 monster hang on with accessory shooting rail. Hopefully your new set up works out for ya.

OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
looks lie you already ordered your stand...I would have gone with a Millennium M150 monster hang on with accessory shooting rail. Hopefully your new set up works out for ya.
Definitely appreciate the tip on the m150. I didn’t go the hang on route because I already have my lone wolf. Definitely wish I would have checked out ones with a shooting rail though. I did some initial searches but didn’t come across any.

The ladder stand obviously won’t have to be moved often since it’s on private.

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
I 110% back the Xstand The Duke. By far the most comfortable, stable, large seat and platform from a 20' stand available. I have slowly been replacing all my stands with these.

The millennium ladder stands are superbly comfortable, just like pretty much anything else of there's I've tried. Currently using an 18' two man ladder, the double buck hut, several tree seats, the 10' tripod, and their shooting chairs...geez, I kinda sound like a millennium fanboy 😆

I buy whatever 2-man ladder Walmart has on liquidation in January as long as its NTSA certified. Usually get them for 60-65% off retail. Got a $170 stand this past January for $69.99. My brother and I put it up a couple weeks ago and it has more bells and whistles than I've ever seen. Even has an extra set of tree "jaws" that tighten with an additional strap that runs through the trunk base pole. Almost too complicated for my simple mind! LOL!!!