Lacrosse Big Chief Waders for Moose in AK

ndbuck09

WKR
Well, I kept going back and forth on waders vs hip boots...all the while my transporter was saying that we only need hip boots. So I finally made my mind up last week to get the lacrosse big chief hip waders but of course since this is the new USA, Lacrosse is completely out of them everywhere! I posted in the classifieds but figured I might get more focused eyes here in the Moose forum...does anyone have a pair of these in 10 or 11's that are laying around that you'd want to sell off??

I've looked for a pair of these for years and haven't been able to find any... I think they've been "out of stock" for quite some time, though I could be wrong.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
I use to wear hip boots religiously when hunting moose and did so for over 20 years but switched to the LaCrosse Alpha Burly knee high boots about 6-7 years ago and will never wear hip boot again for hunting moose. Are you doing a float hunt or base camp style hunt?

Edited: I checked the local Sportsmans Warehouse nearby and they supposedly have Big Chief's in stock.

Last edited:
Are you set on that model? I wear Lacrosse hipboots for trapping probably at least 4 months a year and am a big fan of their premium hip boot. This model used to be called the "Outrigger". Heavy duty with reinforced knees. A search online should find them in stock. The best I have found for me.

Last edited:
No, those are similar but I think shorter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-194214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-194214_Chrome.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 10