La Sportiva Trango Tower issue

Trekker

FNG
I recently picked up the trango towers and the boots fit and feel perfect upon initial wearing. After taking them into the mountains however they have begun to really pinch the top of the foot/ankle at the lace where the boot flexes. Mostly as I was coming downhill.
I attached a photo where the flex is causing a lot of discomfort. It feels like it's a combination of the lace and the material folding in and causing a pressure point.
This is my first time wearing a stiffer synthetic boot.
Has anyone had a similar issue with these boots? Any thoughts on how I could address this.

Attachments

• 20230126_130231.jpg
    20230126_130231.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230126_130256.jpg
    20230126_130256.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 13

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
I’m guessing it may break in a little. I used to run the Trango Cubes prior to being discontinued and they did the same for a few miles. I usually just tightened up the toes and and ankle keeping that portion a little looser on the way down. Once they break in they are great boots. I loved them. Not sure if those have the removable tongue pad like the trangos but adjusting that helps too.

OP
Trekker

Trekker

FNG
I’m guessing it may break in a little. I used to run the Trango Cubes prior to being discontinued and they did the same for a few miles. I usually just tightened up the toes and and ankle keeping that portion a little looser on the way down. Once they break in they are great boots. I loved them. Not sure if those have the removable tongue pad like the trangos but adjusting that helps too.
I'm hoping its just a matter of breaking them in. The Towers don't have the adjustable tongue. I will give them some more time to break in and play with the lacing some more. Thanks.

duchntr

WKR
I have same issue with mine, Ive found adjusting my lacing techniques ie skipping hooks at different intervals and leaving the uppers looser for less technical climbs/hikes helps.

OP
Trekker

Trekker

FNG
I have same issue with mine, Ive found adjusting my lacing techniques ie skipping hooks at different intervals and leaving the uppers looser for less technical climbs/hikes helps.
Thanks duchntr, have you noticed the issue getting better with time as the boot broke in and your foot adapted to them.

duchntr

WKR
Nope little to no difference for me from new to trash, worn out 3 pairs so far.

Do you have the stock insoles in them?

OP
Trekker

Trekker

FNG
Nope little to no difference for me from new to trash, worn out 3 pairs so far.

Do you have the stock insoles in them?

Currently just running the stock insoles. I typically just run stock with most mountain boots.