Kuiu yukon

Pants are 24% off, jackets are 26% off for a couple colors, vias and valo

I consider Yukon the gold standard for rain gear, I was going to try the FL omen this year but can’t pass up that deal, happened to see a pop up add on the sale

Yukon and kutana are the only two I have got a solid 2 years out of (and I’ve tried a bunch) and the Yukon is a better design, especially the wrist cuffs, which leave a lot to be desired on the kutana

If they put the rubberized coating from the lower legs on the knees of the kutana, and made the wrist cuffs the same as the Yukon, it would be my favorite, but for now, the Yukon is king when it comes to hunting rain gear

Only thing I buy from kuiu anymore is rain gear and gaiters, they do a great job with those items

LoggerDan

WKR
Just got the FL Omen in a few days ago. I previously used the heck out of the SEAK jacket. The Omen i believe is a worthwhile impovement. I can’t say it’s waaay better because the seak was pretty doggone good to begin with

OP
roosiebull
Just got the FL Omen in a few days ago. I previously used the heck out of the SEAK jacket. The Omen i believe is a worthwhile impovement. I can’t say it’s waaay better because the seak was pretty doggone good to begin with
Keep us posted on durability, that’s what I planned on getting, but couldn’t pass up the price. I know your use is relevant to durability, which is hard to find relative reviews on rain gear, lots of rain, salmonberry and devils club is what breaks almost all breathable rain gear made, with very few exceptions. I want the omen to be as good as it looks on paper

LoggerDan

WKR
Well, I can tell ya that if it’s anything like the SEAK, it’ll be a good piece of gear. That jacket kept me pretty doggone comfy all over prince of Wales and Afognak island. From hunting, cutting timber, chasing logs on a landing or running on a landing craft boat, she held up great. The wrist and sleeves do a better job than the Yukon. I’ll have more to say about it shortly, up it has already passed the shower test.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know if kuiu ever marks down their Yukon solids? Not a huge deal, but I'd rather have a solid set to not look like a gomer when in town, though that's not as big of a deal as saving a few $.

pawlyb

FNG
Anyone know if kuiu ever marks down their Yukon solids? Not a huge deal, but I'd rather have a solid set to not look like a gomer when in town, though that's not as big of a deal as saving a few $.
They do, yeah. Not every sale but over the last couple years I've seen all Yukon go on sale a couple times.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
I was told at two separate trade shows this spring that Kuiu will be dropping a new version of the Yukon rain gear this summer. I'm holding out for a set to replace my 6 year old SEAK.

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair. Quality seems good but, as always with kuiu, fit is smaller than other companies. Knowing it, ordered a size bigger. Going to Alaska this fall and will see how they hold up.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
I was told at two separate trade shows this spring that Kuiu will be dropping a new version of the Yukon rain gear this summer. I'm holding out for a set to replace my 6 year old SEAK.
I knew I saw this somewhere, was just in the wrong forum. Yukon moved to outlet section on their site so it appears the replacement is coming soon I'd guess?

Has anyone heard updates on a new Yukon Line? I'm headed to Kodiak in 24 and want something heavier than my Chugach set.

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone heard updates on a new Yukon Line? I'm headed to Kodiak in 24 and want something heavier than my Chugach set.

Youll be fine. Hunted with them in the pouring rain walked through soaking wet willows all day and stayed dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider

I used them on POW for a few weeks ago to chase black tail. To say I was impressed was an understatement. They should work just fine on Kodiak.

I’m trying to decide between a full set of the Yukon rain gear or the Kutana. If a guy could only have 1 set what would you guys pick and why? I like how the Yukon is described as durable but the weight savings on the Kutana would be nice too

I’m trying to decide between a full set of the Yukon rain gear or the Kutana. If a guy could only have 1 set what would you guys pick and why? I like how the Yukon is described as durable but the weight savings on the Kutana would be nice too

I own both sets.

The kutana set fits a little slimmer than the yukon.

I wear the kutana as a stand alone piece over a base layer or in warmer weather. Tough as nails. Keeps me dry even when sitting nealing or crawling in wet conditions.

I wear the yukon over heavier layers and in colder conditions. Keeps me dry. Stands up to abuse.

I got both in solid ash color. Blends into timber well. For turkey hunting I slip a leafy suit over the kutana.

roymunson

WKR
kuiu yukon kicked tail for me in the rain this fall...

Guides had stone Glacier and said it was junk. Also said most of the FL rain gear wasn't worth it either.

Loved my Yukon for dryness... Didn't add any warmth as far as a layer, but that's ok, it kept me dry

I own both sets.

The kutana set fits a little slimmer than the yukon.

I wear the kutana as a stand alone piece over a base layer or in warmer weather. Tough as nails. Keeps me dry even when sitting nealing or crawling in wet conditions.

I wear the yukon over heavier layers and in colder conditions. Keeps me dry. Stands up to abuse.

I got both in solid ash color. Blends into timber well. For turkey hunting I slip a leafy suit over the kutana.

Thanks for the feedback! Based on that and knowing I normally hunt later in the season and like to layer I think I’m going to go with the Yukon set now. Also since I’m a bigger dude the fit you pointed out I think will work better for me