KUIU vs Sitka vs First Lite

They do. Sitka is 40% for vet or military. KUIU is only 10%.
Yeah, I know but unfortunately, I do not qualify for Sitka's pro program. In First Lite's pro program I was able to qualify under both as an industry professional and as a first responder, but Sitka's criteria is different so I'm SOL for now.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
not true at all. As a member of the pro program i can %100 verify it is still 30% site wide (not including sale items) year round. I just signed into my account to double check and even the new items they just released are 30% off.
For example :
The new Uncompahgre foundry jacket is $340 for the general public and my price is $238

Although If Kuiu, sitka or pnuma offered anything remotely close to that sort of discount for militarily, law enforcement or first responders I'd jump ship immediately.
How is what he said not true? You are talking a pro program he is talking Military/vet???

Bedrock

FNG
A lot of good info here. Dealing strictly with rain gear, our hunting group now has lots of experience with all 3 brands. Short version: First Light (Seak versio) is the most durable but least water resistant. Sitka is most comfortable but only marginally water resistant and falls apart. Kuiu is the most water resistant, but I refuse to pay that kind of money for a jacket that has the waist drawstring adjusters hanging out for brush to catch and no provision for suspenders

2hunde

FNG
I have never tried Kuiu. I run First Lite Merino baselayers and Sitka outerwear. This system has kept me warm from Michigan to Alaska and is very durable.

Rxtim83

FNG
Don’t have a ton of experience with Sitka and kuiu. Have bought a lot of first lite stuff over the last 2 years. As said multiple times above, their base layers are great. The furnace top is one of my favorite pieces I’ve ever had. So warm.

I have really been impressed with the newer solitude jacket and bibs with wind resistance. Great mid to late season set. Overall I’m happy with the quality of everything but be gotten so far.

I've been looking at rain gear and wondering the same...I've got FL merino since I've begun western Backcountry archery...my first trip 6 years ago was with surplus synthetics...I'm 100% in on FL base merino...but I'm loath to diend the money to "try" rain gear without alot of research...I can agree with previous posts that FL merino won't hold up to eastern "brush" busting hunts...but merino is definitely a must for back country ...I've eschewed Sitka as it's now a bo
x store brand...but I think I'm gonna give their exterior layer a run...

Jayman_77

FNG
My experience is limited to
  • Kuiu, hot weather apparel (Tiburon and Peloton), Attack and Guide pants
  • First Lite Uncompahgre and chest rig
Highly highly impressed with both brands. First Lite seems extremely well thought out in terms of functionality. I didn't anything could be lighter than Kuiu until I tried First Lite. I honestly do not believe you can go wrong with either, regardless of the application.

Fegs

FNG
I run mostly Sitka but have KUIU as well. I am pretty rough on gear and have had no issues with the quality of Sitka. I personally like sitka’s fit better than kuiu’s.