Kuiu Venture 1800 or Divide 1500

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
If you have tried both of these packs, which would you use for a day pack hunting early season elk? I have a EXO Mountain K3 1800 with a top that I really like, but these two Kuiu’s are about 2 pounds lighter. Yes, I am counting ounces, and no I do not need the Kuiu to haul meat. Thanks for your response.

I have or have used both. Bought a divide 1500 last fall, played around with it a little, and returned it. If you put a full 3L bladder in it, there wasn't much extra room in the main pocket for anything else. I also like to strap my bow to my pack while hiking, and there were no straps for that and I couldnt find a way to attach straps to hold my bow that I liked either. I liked that you could just stuff a hoody into the center part, but that was about the only part of the pack I liked.

I now have the venture 1800 (tried the 2300, but had a couple things I didnt like about it as well), and have only got to play around with it a little, but so far I like it. Easily fit a full bladder, kill kit, game bags, possibles pouch, rain jacket, hoody, and lunch in the main pocket, and odds and ends stuff in the other pockets. I like the straps on the outside (just wish they were 3/4" rather than 1/2") and you can move them around on the daisy chain webbing depending on where you want them.

I have used the Venture 2300 and I bought it over the 1800 for the straps being better, having a few extra cu inches as well. The 2300 straps a wider and attach better (IMO). I don't like the daisy chain type attachment on them...I chose the venture over the divide for the hip belt option in case you wanted a little extra weight hauling. The venture is on sale right now too... 30% off.

OP
W

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
I will give everyone a “what I did response”. I bought both and tried them out, but in fairness I bought the medium 1800 and needed a long so it did not fit like I wanted it to. If I had to pick between the two I would go with the 1800. While I had the packs the first couple days, I saw a Sitka Apex in a local store. Bought it, and ended up keeping it over the two KUIU. Just feels better for carrying the lightest of items.

I will also take the K3 EXO 1800 frame pack and use it some too depending on where we are hunting for the day.