Kuiu tiburon hybrid hoody

wore this last night on a 1.5 hr hike, it was 27c, 81f. I wore this next to skin, and was comfortable, it didnt have that slippery clammy feel like i get with most synthetic base layer type shirts. To me it felt cooler to wear than the sitka core light hoody. It has a baggier fit compared to the core light as well, so not a true base layer but a good option for an airy sun type hoody. Hood is pretty roomy as well, similar to the gila, i kinda wish it was a bit smaller because in the breeze it would blow around to the front of my shoulders, but i understand why the fit is larger. Kinda wish there was thumb holes. Took my pack off at the top of the hill and sat and glassed for 5 min and was surprised to feel the material was dried out already, like i mentioned it was quite breezy too so that helped with the dry time. Overall its a winner in my opinion.

wore this last night on a 1.5 hr hike, it was 27c, 81f. I wore this next to skin, and was comfortable, it didnt have that slippery clammy feel like i get with most synthetic base layer type shirts. To me it felt cooler to wear than the sitka core light hoody. It has a baggier fit compared to the core light as well, so not a true base layer but a good option for an airy sun type hoody. Hood is pretty roomy as well, similar to the gila, i kinda wish it was a bit smaller because in the breeze it would blow around to the front of my shoulders, but i understand why the fit is larger. Kinda wish there was thumb holes. Took my pack off at the top of the hill and sat and glassed for 5 min and was surprised to feel the material was dried out already, like i mentioned it was quite breezy too so that helped with the dry time. Overall its a winner in my opinion.
I wanted to like it but the fit was huge unfortunately

What are your thoughts on this as outer layer for early Dove or Teal season?

This is 100% spot on with my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re wearing a ball cap pull the hood over the edge of the bill, keeps hoods tight in some strong winds and covers a little more skin.

Wore on a run and got a decent sweat going. Dried quickly and fabric didn’t feel clammy. Again, early on, but so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back