Kuiu tiburon hybrid hoody

sr80

WKR
Came across this yesterday, looks like an interesting hoody. i had a tiburon shirt back in the day and thought it would better with a hood.

If it's anything like the original tiburon shirt I'll pass. I hated it, it wouldnt absorb sweat fast enough,just get clammy

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
i ordered one this morning, ill be the guinea pig. I like their gila hoody, the only gripe i have is no chest zipper. Really wish these sun hoodies came with a zipper like the core lite hoody

i ordered one this morning, ill be the guinea pig. I like their gila hoody, the only gripe i have is no chest zipper. Really wish these sun hoodies came with a zipper like the core lite hoody
Yes, no zipper just doesn't make sense. I'll be curious if this one fends off the funk factor longer than the core lt wt. My core lt wt is 3 years old and literally it smells after half a day now. I guess that means I need a new one haha. I am going to use the sitka core merino 120 hoody this year on most hunts to really compare it to the core lt wt. Cleary it will win in funk factor, but I am curious on dry times.

schmalzy

WKR
Just got a few in. I’m a fan so far wearing around house and yard. Better durability than core lw. The SG is my favorite but this one could contend. Fabric doesn’t feel clammy but I’ve yet to work up a big sweat yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a few in. I’m a fan so far wearing around house and yard. Better durability than core lw. The SG is my favorite but this one could contend. Fabric doesn’t feel clammy but I’ve yet to work up a big sweat yet.

Let me know how it compares to the SG. I like my avro hoodie but this one looks pretty slick

schmalzy

WKR
Let me know how it compares to the SG. I like my avro hoodie but this one looks pretty slick

Will do. I like the that the SG is cut slightly longer. I like the color offerings that these have. I wear long sleeve sun hoodies a lot for running, fishing, hunting, mountain biking. Surprisingly tough to find decent ones.

Will do. I like the that the SG is cut slightly longer. I like the color offerings that these have. I wear long sleeve sun hoodies a lot for running, fishing, hunting, mountain biking. Surprisingly tough to find decent ones.

Yeah there aren’t many that I like the fit of. They’re normally way too baggy and boxy for running. I like the SG, but it’s a little long. I’m considering trying a small to see if that’s better.

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
I am a big fan of the SG, i just find it a bit too warm when the weather warms up. I do like the fit of the avro the best though.

I am a big fan of the SG, i just find it a bit too warm when the weather warms up. I do like the fit of the avro the best though.
That’s exactly my issue, it’s just too warm when it gets over 70 degrees

Interested to hear everyone’s feedback on this piece once there’s some real world hiking/hunting use. Especially how it compares to the core lightweight hoody. Wondering if it replaces the core lightweight on archery elk hunts.

I will say I feel some clamminess on all polyester even the core lt wt.
I don;t. the gila and core lw are much more comfortable imo. the tiburon top i had was poor because the dwr wouldn't let it absorb any sweat. maybe this version is better but I wouldn't buy one again. just get more gilas or core lw hoodies when they go on sale. If im doing a multiday hunt i go merino synthetic hybrid like the aerowool in the fl wick
That’s exactly my issue, it’s just too warm when it gets over 70 degrees
I thought the sg synthetic hoodie was too hot too. it was thicker and the fit was huge.

I don;t. the gila and core lw are much more comfortable imo. the tiburon top i had was poor because the dwr wouldn't let it absorb any sweat. maybe this version is better but I wouldn't buy one again. just get more gilas or core lw hoodies when they go on sale. If im doing a multiday hunt i go merino synthetic hybrid like the aerowool in the fl wick

I thought the sg synthetic hoodie was too hot too. it was thicker and the fit was huge.
It’s a good cold weather hoody, but not so great in the heat at all.

schmalzy

WKR
Wore it around town and on a light hike today. So far I’m a fan. The back panel and sides are not the tiburon fabric and I think that works well. Haven’t worked up a huge sweat yet though so jury is still out.

Wore it around town and on a light hike today. So far I’m a fan. The back panel and sides are not the tiburon fabric and I think that works well. Haven’t worked up a huge sweat yet though so jury is still out.

I ended up ordering one to try for myself. I had a gift card and I’ll just return it if I don’t like it

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
Got mine the other day, seems like a nice piece. The back and side panels seem like a pretty similar material to the gila hoody, and the mesh material seems softer than the original tiburon top i had if i remember correctly. Ill be hiking in heat with it tomorrow.